What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

I know it's based on a true story, but that's a bit spoilerific to those that don't know what happened in real life.

I've watched the first couple of episodes so far, really enjoyable. Luis Guzman and Pedro Pascal have both been brilliant so far.

Anyone watch The Gamechangers that was on BBC2 yesterday, about GTA Vice City and San Andreas, starring Daniel Radcliffe and Bill Paxton?

Watched it today and cannot say I was too impressed really. It has nothing interesting to say and is very underdeveloped in both the characters and the story.

Rockstar and some game developers are ripping it to pieces as well.

Edited by DJM

• Paid Members

Caught the first two episodes of Cradle to Grave which is based on Danny Baker's memoirs. I'm not a huge fan of Baker but this has been fucking brilliant. Peter Kay is outstanding as his Dad and Natalie from Eastenders is the star of episode 2 as his Mum.

I'd heard the two main stories from episode one before but they played out beautifully on TV. It looks and sounds great.

• Paid Members

Caught the first two episodes of Cradle to Grave which is based on Danny Baker's memoirs. I'm not a huge fan of Baker but this has been fucking brilliant. Peter Kay is outstanding as his Dad and Natalie from Eastenders is the star of episode 2 as his Mum.

I'd heard the two main stories from episode one before but they played out beautifully on TV. It looks and sounds great.

We caught up with this the other day. Can't stand Kay, but this (and him) have been brilliant and yeah Lucy/Natalie has been a revelation as his mum. The cock slap and the slow dance were especially funny

Edited by Nick Soapdish

This seemed like the best place to ask, so sorry for throwing a question into a discussion topic, but does anyone know how you can watch The Late Show with Stephen Colbert online anywhere?

I was a huge fan of The Colbert Report and I want to keep watching him, but I'm having a hard time finding torrents or anywhere online to stream them.

Anyone? Thanks.

• Moderators

Hmm.. You're right that you do have good form for recommendations, but this flies in the face of my 'no reality tv' rule... Dilemma! Is this a download job or is it on any of the major streaming services?

My mate definitely torrented it, no idea where it's available, I know it's not on Netflix.

I'm not keen on reality TV either, or business. watch this 5 minute segment from it to see if you like it, it was my favourite one.

This clip was really funny. Are all the other people involved really real people who aren't in on it?

• Paid Members

I just heard The Man In The High Castle was given a full season by Amazon after the pilot. It drops in November. Looking forward to downloading that (I'm not paying for Amazon Video).

One of my favourite books of all time. Hope it's good

The pilot was strong but not spectacular. Utterly fantastic setting and production but the characters seem a bit flat.