What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Wish I was Monkee now and watching Season 1 for the first time again. Absolutely tremendous viewing.

No idea if I'm going to get past ep1 to be honest. I don't know what to expect in terms of zombie time. If there's too much then there's no way I could watch a whole season. If it's just bits and pieces with the living getting the most air time then I should be able to stick with it.

It took me several watches of Shaun of the Dead to be able to watch it properly without my thumb on the mute button or a cushion in front of my face!

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members

Walking Dead Series 1-5 are indeed up there on the Sky OnDemand box sets.

Thank you! They've literally just been added so I'm downloading season 1 now.

Wish I was Monkee now and watching Season 1 for the first time again. Absolutely tremendous viewing.

Walking Dead...tremendous?

I like it but that's a bit of a push. Half of it is boring as fuck and only three of the characters have a personality.

Something that is actually tremendous as Mr Danger said is the Hannibal finale. Utterly amazing ending and one of the most unique and crazy shows ever. A three season long love affair between two blokes and one of them is Hannibal fucking Lector. I'm sad it's ended but it was perfect. Fail to see where else they could have gone considering they broke every barrier. Nothing else like it.

Its not the best accent but it does get better and on a postive note it spawned some wonderfull memes.

On the Hannibal front i think they reached the conclusion of his and Will's story but I read that Fuller wanted to do about 6 or 7 series with Red Dragon, Lambs and Hannibal taking up a series a piece then wrapping it up. I think he knew the writing was on the wall when he rushed the reveal of Hannibal to Will in series 2, plus, no way was he getting 7 series of that.

• Awards Moderator

The Danny Baker story Cradle to Grave was flipping hilarious last night. I'd heard all the gags before from his books, interviews and podcasts but they were still brilliant. I would never have picked Peter Kay for Spud in a million years but it's a fine comedic performance.

The Danny Baker story Cradle to Grave was flipping hilarious last night. I'd heard all the gags before from his books, interviews and podcasts but they were still brilliant. I would never have picked Peter Kay for Spud in a million years but it's a fine comedic performance.

Yeah really enjoyed that. Accent bit dodgy but the reaction to the trousers was excellent. Very, very funny.