What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Agree with that Steveo.  Absolutely brutal telly.  I'm more of a habitual soap watcher than anything, but laying in bed with my heavily pregnant wife, and (practically a) baby boy, that was hard work.

Lost it on a couple of occassions, fair play to them for portraying such an awful story quite so graphically, excellent performances by all invovled i thought, except for maybe Bonnie Langford, just because it's Bonnie Langford.

• Paid Members

I started watching Sherlock after being reminded of it on this thread. First series was really good. Freeman was great in Fargo and in this too. I'd never seen Cumberbatch before, he plays the role well, charming and eccentric. Is season 2 more of the same?

• Paid Members

The Queen Vic have started a Sunday league football team managed by Nigel, and Alan is not getting on with David Wicks for them.

The one that had me in bits is when Lofty done his fifth metatarsal. Devastating stuff.

I started watching Sherlock after being reminded of it on this thread. First series was really good. Freeman was great in Fargo and in this too. I'd never seen Cumberbatch before, he plays the role well, charming and eccentric. Is season 2 more of the same?

Pretty much more of the same, sir. Barring the pretty dismal 'Hound of the Baskerville' episode, Seasons 2 and 3 were just as strong as – if not better than – Season 1. I just love the humour of the show (especially during certain cliffhanger resolutions) and the relationship that grows between Holmes and Watson.

Started Elementary last night. It’s a bit jarring at the moment (especially after watching Sherlock for 9 straight nights prior to Elementary) but I quite like Jonny Lee Miller as Sherlock, it has to be said.

Any other good ‘whodunit’ tv shows that anyone knows about?

• Paid Members

How about Narcos, Branquey? A Netflix original about Pablo Escobar and his cocaine cartel. I've only watched the first episode so far but it's pretty good. Luis Guzman sticks his wonderfully ugly head in after 11 mins.

• Paid Members

I'm trying to get over my zombie phobia as I've bought tickets to Walker Stalker Con in February. I watched Fear The Living Dead on that new AMC channel earlier. It wasn't too bad. I can't compare it to TWD as I've never seen it but I liked where the storyline was going. There was very limited zombie action though so I was ok for most of it although I did have to mute a few scenes.

Does anyone know if this channel will be available on Sky? It says it's freeview at the moment but as it's BT-based I'm guessing it'll be turned off. I thought Sky might have some TWD box sets available for me to binge but there aren't unfortunately. I need something else to watch as I gave up on season 3 of Prison Break.