What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Awards Moderator

I tried my best with The Strain - loved the books - but found the first half of the first series dull as anything, minus David Bradley who was great. The episode where they were trapped at the petrol station I hoped would be a turning point, because it was great, but got to about episode 11 and haven't bothered since. If you'd said it had become really good I might have picked it up again, but I may not bother now...

Me and the missus still quote Super Hans kicking the door down during the Shrooming episode.

'This is BULLSHIT'.

I'd completely forgotten about Super Hans, I wasn't looking forward to the new series at all until you reminded me about him.

Snakes.

• Paid Members

I love Peep Show but I don't watch it anymore. I just found that the wedding episode was such a perfect ending for the series that everyone that came after I found it impossible to get interested. Similar to how the ending of the Seinfeld reunion series was a perfect ending to Curb Your Enthusiasm I haven't watched it since.

My favourite moment is the episode where everyone keeps getting sectioned and Super Hans goes "Now she's been sectioned?! ....who's next?!" the delivery is just perfect.

Edited by LaGoosh

At Gerard's wake:

"Where the hell have you been, Mark?"

"Me? Oh, nightmare. Getting hold of the wake cake."

"Wake cake?"

"Gotta have a wake cake. Ta-dah! Specially made." [Camera shows Mark holding a "Gerrard 8" cake]

"I don't think so. This is a football cake."

"No! Gerard loved the the Reds, the red team."

• Paid Members

The twins. The fucking twins! I'm always going on about me twins, aren't I? How old are they? What's 'Funf' in English? They turned funf zwei years ago, so, what, pair of 8-ers, I reckon? Bloody love them two.

cheers Chest, saw he was plugging it on Fallon and did wonder what he's been up to. Saw him standup in London and been a fan since. Will add it to the list! 

Currently watching the Affair S2 and the Bridge S3 - both top notch as expected. Highly recommended so far.

Anybody seen Aquarius, Leftovers S2, You me and the Apocalypse or Show me a Hero?