What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Anybody been watching Jessica Jones on Netflix? It's pretty fucking great. It only went up yesterday and I'm on episode nine already. It's really gripping stuff. I'd happily finish the series tonight if I wasn't working early tomorrow. Kilgrave is such a great villain, and they do such a good job portraying his mind-control powers as a terrible violation that haunts his victims, that I'm a bit surprised he's not a more prominent bad guy in the Marvel Universe. He's just sinister as fuck.

• Paid Members

Anybody been watching Jessica Jones on Netflix? It's pretty fucking great. It only went up yesterday and I'm on episode nine already. It's really gripping stuff. I'd happily finish the series tonight if I wasn't working early tomorrow. Kilgrave is such a great villain, and they do such a good job portraying his mind-control powers as a terrible violation that haunts his victims, that I'm a bit surprised he's not a more prominent bad guy in the Marvel Universe. He's just sinister as fuck.

Just finished it now and it was fantastic. Surprised at just how dark they made it. Rape, PTSD, addiction but I love that they managed to flesh out a character that is relatively new (in comicbook terms)

Is Jessica Jones alright to watch if you've no clue who the character is and no interest in the comics? I was never a fan of Daredevil comics but I really enjoyed season one of the Netflix series.

I've absolutely despised Krysten Ritter in everything I've ever seen her in.

Edited by King Pitcos

Is Jessica Jones alright to watch if you've no clue who the character is and no interest in the comics? I was never a fan of Daredevil comics but I really enjoyed season one of the Netflix series.

I've absolutely despised Krysten Ritter in everything I've ever seen her in.

She was a character I knew nothing about before watching the show, but it is really good, I actually enjoyed it more than Daredevil.

The Leftovers has been great this season, the last two episodes in particular. Even Eccleston penis hasn't ruined it. Even though Justin Theroux borders on being a comical dunce with some of his exptressions I  think he's a cracking lead and Nora has the Scully vibe that get's me every time.

• Paid Members

The latest episode was very Lost-like. I'm sure loads of people hated it but I thought it was ace. I genuinely have no idea what's coming next on Leftovers which is something you can't really say about many other shows.

Season two of The Knick has been really good this year too if people are looking for something else to watch. Out of every historical drama I've ever seen I feel like The Knick is probably the closest to what it was actually like. It just feels authentic in ways I don't think other things have. The direction is incredible too.

Yeah it definitely had a Lost feel to it. The season opener did as well with all the cave woman dying in a magical lake stuff.

I've no expectation of there being a satisfying conclusion to The Leftovers or any decent explanation so I just tend to enjoy it for what it is instead of obsess over theories and what not.

• Paid Members

Yeah the creators have explicitly said that nothing will ever be explained. If anything it's freeing. Lost was completely bogged down by it.

It'll probably be cancelled anyway. It gets super low ratings.

Edited by LaGoosh