UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

As someone who has not watched much of ECW (other than the stuff and clips that is repeated often) I was thinking of giving some of the TV shows a watch on the Network, therefore, what episode is the best to start from?

Thanks in advance :)

Try 72 (August 30 1994) which is when they rebrand as Extreme Championship Wrestling. If you decide to skip after that, 1995 is best for storylines and 1996 for in-ring, at least in the pre-PPV era.

As someone who has not watched much of ECW (other than the stuff and clips that is repeated often) I was thinking of giving some of the TV shows a watch on the Network, therefore, what episode is the best to start from?

Try 72 (August 30 1994) which is when they rebrand as Extreme Championship Wrestling. If you decide to skip after that, 1995 is best for storylines and 1996 for in-ring, at least in the pre-PPV era.

Thanks John, will give them a go from episode 72.

• Paid Members

But then he's missing the Matty In The House era?

• Paid Members

Why was the 'is wrestling fake' angle such a prevalent issue when wrestling got massive in the mid 80's. Always wondered why it was such a big deal.

Why was the 'is wrestling fake' angle such a prevalent issue when wrestling got massive in the mid 80's. Always wondered why it was such a big deal.

Saw a Pete Dunne shirt at the WCPW show the other night that I wished I'd bought. Seemed to be one fella selling shirts for him and Moustache Mountain, separate to WCPW and Mundo's merch. Any ideas who it could be? Wondered if it's a company doing merch for a few different guys. Looked on Dunne's bigcartel and it's not on there. It's burgundy with a bear on, if that helps.

Edited by cobra_gordo

Saw a Pete Dunne shirt at the WCPW show the other night that I wished I'd bought. Seemed to be one fella selling shirts for him and Moustache Mountain, separate to WCPW and Mundo's merch. Any ideas who it could be? Wondered if it's a company doing merch for a few different guys. Looked on Dunne's bigcartel and it's not on there. It's burgundy with a bear on, if that helps.

Is this the shirt?

https://mobile.twitter.com/PeteDunneYxB/status/802853073454583808

• Paid Members

What's Tom Phillips role on Smackdown. I know he sits at the commentary desk and they call him the host of Smackdown but is he actually calling matches?

No, it's bizarre. He doesn't say a word bell to bell. Only during entrances & links.

Honestly no idea what the thinking is behind doing it that way. They seemed to try to install Renee as a host of sorts immediately after the brand split where she did the odd link & some backstage interviews from the pre-show/Talking Smack desk, but it always seemed a bit clunky to me. This way seems more so, though.

I don't believe he does anymore, but I could be wrong. I certainly recall complaints about it, not even just aesthetically, but just like why are they having this Samoan guy pretend to have blue eyes? it was odd.

this pic makes him look like he's got a glass eye

maxresdefault.jpg

also, when will they finally see sense and get that fuckin vest off him? that's not a shitty tattoo either by wrestler standards, and tatts are well "in" nowadays

maybe all it will take to stop the Roman boo-boys is to flash a bit of nipple.