UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Anyone know if or when the PowerSlam ebook is going to be available? I thought it was to be released in November but haven't heard much about it recently so can only assume release date was put back for some reason

Fin Martin wrote on his blog that the release date had been pushed back to Early 2015.

Thanks mate. I had a look on the twitter account and couldn't see anything. Glad to hear it should be released soon(ish)

• Paid Members

Been watching a few of the old UFC PPVs on Fightpass. Have a few questions.

1. When did they change from the tournament format?

2. What early ones should I be checking out?

Cheers!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

Been watching a few of the old UFC PPVs on Fightpass. Have a few questions.

1. When did they change from the tournament format?

2. What early ones should I be checking out?

Cheers!

UFC 9 didn't have a tournament, but they did then go back it at UFC 10 and kept it until UFC Brazil: Ultimate Brazil (16/10/98, sometimes know as UFC 17.5) and just switched to standard cards from then on. UFC 12 & 13 had two separate tournaments for different weight classes and UFC 14-17 just had the one tournament in a specific weight class, I.e not a 200lb kick boxer vs 450 lb sumo Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Asking here as i don't want to see spoilers in the Lucha Underground thread, how many episodes does the season last for?

Planned for a 39-week run, although Christmas & New Year's Eve aren't new episodes, so 37?

• Paid Members

Did WCW ever (ted) turn a profit? I was thinking about the PPV model and how it's essentially dead in the water for wrestling now isn't it.

WCW's best year was 1998. It's almost criminal how they turned that into massive losses within two years. They were pissing away money chasing the lead in the Monday Night Wars instead of taking advantage of the fact that still had an incredible roster and a massive fan base. They were doing monster business on PPV, the shows were well attended, crowds hot and TV ratings strong. Even as the number two promotion, they had a licence to print money.

• Paid Members

Also important to note that while people point to them spending too much, the move from massive profits to horrendous losses was almost entirely down to revenue collapsing because people stopped paying to see the product.

• Paid Members

Also forgot to add that although Bischoff genuinely did take them to massive profits in the peak Nitro period, there's a slightly more misleading stat of him taking them from loss to profit when he started and brought in Hogan. In his first couple of years Hogan pretty much paid for himself but didn't boost overall profit. The actual going into the black on paper was because Bischoff persuaded Turner Broadcasting to pay a license fee to WCW for the TV programming.