UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Its one of them isnt it. Ideally they wouldn't have house shows the same night as tv tapings, but then that'd mean some places would miss out as they cant tour for too long.

Im going to Raw and Smackdown so imagine I'll see everyone at some point, can see why people would be annoyed if they're just going raw though and the list above is missing. Will also make for a pretty poor raw tv show as well so I'd be suprisrd to see such a weak roster

According to Twitter, there are an awful lot of rumours that the following will not be at Raw tomorrow night...

Ambrose

Wyatt

Ziggler

Kane

Cesaro

Usos

Dusts

Orton (i knew that though)

Ive got a ticket and im not happy. The main event is Cena v Ryback and with the wrestlers that arnt going to be there i can only imagine Cena/Ryback will be a double Iron Man Match.

Not happy.

Ambrose vs Wyatt & Kane, Ziggler vs Cesaro, and the Usos vs the Dusts were all on the house show i attended tonight. So i wouldn't be at all surprised if those guys are all booked if they're doing a house show tomorrow as well as Raw.

They'll find a way for most of the big names to appear on both shows, they could easily jig around the line ups to put the main events (which have been Cena/Rollins in a street fight and Ambrose v Kane and Wyatt) on earlier to have them appear on TV. Personally, even though I haven't watched it fully in a while, I'm looking forward to Smackdown on Tuesday no matter who's on, mainly to watch Main Event as I've not watched an episode of it since the first few. Also the chance to see a couple of the NXT guys live (mainly Neville and Zayn) is appealing to me as is the fact that Jericho's advertised, presumably for the dark main event

Just enquired at the box office and there's still expensive and less so but still fuck me up the arse priced tickets for RAW tonight. Never attended one before but does anyone know the likelihood of them reducing tickets or giving them away at showtime given it's TV and they'll presumably want it full

• Paid Members

I’m watching Superbrawl from 1996 and during a backstage segment, Gene Okerlund advertises his hotline with the hook of rumours of two former WWE champions possibly on their way to WCW.

Given that this can only mean Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, was it common knowledge (well, in those early Internet days) that Nash and Hall were on their way out of the WWF en route to WCW? February to June is quite a long time for a two big stars in a company to be making waves about leaving for the competition.

• Paid Members

I’m watching Superbrawl from 1996 and during a backstage segment, Gene Okerlund advertises his hotline with the hook of rumours of two former WWE champions possibly on their way to WCW.

Given that this can only mean Kevin Nash and Scott Hall, was it common knowledge (well, in those early Internet days) that Nash and Hall were on their way out of the WWF en route to WCW? February to June is quite a long time for a two big stars in a company to be making waves about leaving for the competition.

Absolutely - they were quite publicly known to be on their way out since at least before WrestleMania.

What's the most nonsensical heel turn of all time? I would say Nash in 98/99 but if he turned heel and was in cahoots with Hall (which he was) then he got the world title out of it so it makes sense in that regard but if you count the heel turn as being when he laid down for Hogan then it's just daft

I know I'm massively over thinking that by the way

I'd say the execution was poor, solely because of where it was as you say, but in fairness it made sense for him to turn heel in terms of the character (Vince being his insurance policy to make sure he won the title, which he wanted more than anything)

I didn't see them at the time but I imagine Savage and Giant joining the nWo didn't make much sense given they were two of the first wrestlers to fight them when they formed, but someone watching at the time may be able to say otherwise

Rikishi's heel turn has to be up there.

His character was wearing a bit thin with the same dancing routine, but being the one to have run down Austin did him no good. Especially when a couple of weeks later they basically had Triple H take over the whole thing and Rikishi just played a random heel. I mean this thing was built up for months, Rikishi said he did it, him and Austin had one brawl, and that was it.

May as well have just gone with Triple H doing it and either turned Rikishi a different way, to fued with The Rock or whatever, or just leave him as he was.

Yeah that's a good shout, remember it being a massive let down especially the audience reaction to it, think the problem was everyone was hoping it was going to be some big name turning up ( I remember Scott Hall's name being all over the Sky wrestling teletext page for what it's worth, which is fuck all) so when it was some dancing midcarder everyone just shit on it, as you say the weeks following didn't help him much, getting twatted for 15 minutes by Austin in their street fight then having Triple H steal the whole thing from him

The explanation for that one was laughable too, Goldberg was sick of the old dinosaurs blocking up the main event scene so he joined the New Blood (or what was left of it at least), would've made sense except for the fact he was a former world champion and had main evented loads of times, not quite sure how it made any sense, still at least Russo will have had a wank over it