UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does anyone know anything about WWF international broadcasts?

I was going through some info on the net and alough there was a international show for people who didnt get the US version of shows like Superstars/Challenge I noticed 2 shows called Cavalade & Wrestling Canada.

Did these shows air the same matches the international ones did or was it a completely different set of matches?

• Paid Members
Does anyone know anything about WWF international broadcasts?

I was going through some info on the net and alough there was a international show for people who didnt get the US version of shows like Superstars/Challenge I noticed 2 shows called Cavalade & Wrestling Canada.

Did these shows air the same matches the international ones did or was it a completely different set of matches?

Wrestling Cavalcade was Wrestling Challenge but with different interview segments taped just for Canada. Maple Leaf Wrestling was the same for Superstars of Wrestling. In both cases it was because the Canadian-exclusive content meant the shows counted as Canadian programming; at the time, Canada had broadcasting laws which said they had to have a certain percentage of Canadian programming rather than imports.

• Paid Members

Why was Paul Roma fired for his match with Alex Wright at Superbrawl V? Finish looked a bit too contrived (waiting around, talking to Orndorff for ages, so Wright can dropkick him in the back), but he didn't do anything particularly wrong.

Why was Paul Roma fired for his match with Alex Wright at Superbrawl V? Finish looked a bit too contrived (waiting around, talking to Orndorff for ages, so Wright can dropkick him in the back), but he didn't do anything particularly wrong.

I've not watched it for ages and ages, but I think the general gist was that Roma was told to go out and "make the kid look good" for however long, before putting him nicely over. What actually happened was more like a Roma exhibition match, with him getting most of the offence in, taking time to pose and showboat, taking the piss out of his silly dance, cutting off all of Alex's comebacks and then even on the final pin I think he pretty much kicked out on the three, so the finish looked like a fluke. Roma also sits there in armbars and stuff and makes barely any effort to sell any sort of pain or discomfort, while kicking out at one-counts in what are supposed to be "close-calls" towards the end of the match.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

• Paid Members

Has there been any mention of a second series of Legends' House? The first one was one of the top rated shows on the network and with hundreds of former WWE stars to choose from it seems like a no brainer to do more. Series one was filmed two years ago though so if they're going to do another they should probably get their skates on.

• Paid Members
Didn't think this was worthy of a thread - how much do British wrestlers get paid in comparison to US and Japaneese wrestlers?

If you mean the American indy guys working for small town mark promoters in town halls in front of 40-50 people, then they're paid every bit as badly as the British guys. No idea about Japan.

They've already cut the Smackdown pre and post shows, apparently. And the Raw ones are done in WWE studios now instead of the arenas. Meltzer reckons Vince is trying to find eight figures worth of cuts, to make the "how much money we lost this year" figure less staggering.