UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put ask this but I'd be grateful of any help here.

I've given wrestling training a shot before but I can't justify the high risk of injury (couldn't afford the time off work etc. etc.) but I really do want to have a proper a go at "getting into da biz" on some level, preferably as a manager (I think I could make a mean manager, come to think of it!)

My question is - how would I go about becoming a manager? Am I best contacting promoters and sending them a couple of YouTube links or something of me cutting some imaginary promos into a hairbrush?

Best bet is to contact training schools. They might still want you to learn the basics (such as a bump in case you need to be “physically” involved in a match/angle, but may be able to help you with (or point you in the direction of) manager-specific training.

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to put ask this but I'd be grateful of any help here.

I've given wrestling training a shot before but I can't justify the high risk of injury (couldn't afford the time off work etc. etc.) but I really do want to have a proper a go at "getting into da biz" on some level, preferably as a manager (I think I could make a mean manager, come to think of it!)

My question is - how would I go about becoming a manager? Am I best contacting promoters and sending them a couple of YouTube links or something of me cutting some imaginary promos into a hairbrush?

Best bet is to contact training schools. They might still want you to learn the basics (such as a bump in case you need to be “physically” involved in a match/angle, but may be able to help you with (or point you in the direction of) manager-specific training.

Thanks. I did train for a few months so I got the basics down. I think the best thing though is to see what the local training schools suggest.

Apparently he was bitching to Vince about people being brought up to the main roster, a bunch like Bo Dallas and Paige saying they shouldn't be on RAW. I dunno, but that's my understanding of why those lot are against Dunn right now.

• Paid Members

I got questions for ya, and they are actuallly half serious... right, one...anyone know when the first ever ref bump occured? Like maybe not the first ever, but like the first rumored?? eh? If not, feel frre to guess. two....anybody know when thee first ever manager interupted the ref..maybe he puled his leg? maybe he slippped thhe bad guy brass knucks?? either way, what I wanna knw is when was the first time sometthing like this happend?? spill the beans boys

Don't know the specifics of ref bumps, but most controversial finishes designed to build-up a rematch were developed in the 1930s which is when things really went full-bore from "work the finish to scam gamblers betting on the outcome" to "work the finish to build up future live gates." 

This has probably been answered already but just to clarify, how scripted is Total Divas. I'm in the middle of watching an episode featuring Naomi and Jons wedding and Rikishi hasn't turned up, I'm not sure why but I find it all a bit fake that he would miss his sons wedding.

I also found it unrealistic that Dierdree would cheat on Ken, I kept asking myself why would she do that? .... but I suppose it is REAL LIFE after all ... anything can happen 

In my experiance most managers are or started off as trainees and like you decided for what ever reason to stop but still wanted to be part of the shows., Do you have any friends from your training days who are now wrestling shows or are trainees. If they were willing you could tag yourself on to their act.

also to reduce injury risk, there are tons of ways to wrestle, Its the best thing about it, You can be big , small, fast ...funny.. it really is what you make it.