UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Once that deal ended, Setanta Sports (UK version, when that company was still going) grabbed Vengeance \ Armageddon didn't they? I'm sure they announced it about 2 days before the actual PPV. All the rest ended up on Sky Box Office, IIRC, until the new TV deal kicked in.

I remember Royal Rumble 2004 being on Setanta but I think that was the only PPV on there.

IIRC, Armageddon 2003 was not shown on any channel, live or on delay, here at all. I remember waiting for the DVD which was released about 4 months later!

Setanta showed Rumble, Backlash, Vengeance and Armageddon from 2004

Armageddon 2003 was on in-between contracts so I dont think anyone ended up broadcasting it, but the breakdown in talks between Sky and WWE were that Sky were not willing to pay what Channel 4 had for those four. They reached a deal where these became Sky Box Office ppvs.

Did The Wolves do that half-arsed, slightly embarrassed howling before they came to TNA, or is that their concession to "character" required on the national TV stage?

Davey Richards did it a lot in ROH, I dont recall Edwards doing it much, if at all.

• Paid Members

To anyone who's been to a WWE event in the USA before, what time do they tend to start?

I'm off to Summerslam next week and the ticket says opening time of 4pm but what time is the main show likely to start, 7pm? Thanks.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

The kicks offs still a half hour before the PPV? If so, pre-show 4.30pm and main show 5pm.

Doesn't leave long for you to get into the arena and into your seat though, so I may be wrong?

Edited by Bettencourt

• Paid Members

Ok cool, cheers fellas. I was always under the impression that PPV's started at 7pm in the States for some reason.

It's usually 8 o'clock. But because it's LA and they are in the Pacific time zone they start earlier as they are 3 hours behind eastern time.

Edited by Bettencourt

The conversation about Del Rio being so dull for such a long time in other thread got me thinking - has there ever been someone who has been in a prominent position in WWE for as long as Rey Mysterio without changing their act? I was thinking Big Show, but at least he's changed from being a face and heel. Mysterio hasn't changed much at all over the last decade. I'm not saying this is a bad thing for him, it's a testament to his talent that he can remain over for so long without having to change with the times.

• Paid Members

I would say Cena, Orton, Edge and Hogan. None quite as long as Rey, but I think that would actually be quite difficult to manage - even Taker and Kane have had to change it up. In Orton's case, it's certainly been detrimental. In the others' cases, not so much.

I would say Cena, Orton, Edge and Hogan. None quite as long as Rey, but I think that would actually be quite difficult to manage - even Taker and Kane have had to change it up. In Orton's case, it's certainly been detrimental. In the others' cases, not so much.

All those have changed their act to some degree.  Cena was a wigger for his first few years in WWE, while Orton went from a cocky young guy to a ruthless motherfucker.  Edge has been a goofy comedy act, a surfer-rockstar-thing, a psycho and the Rated R Superstar.  And Hogan is a massively obvious one.  Rey has been doing the exact same thing without even the hint of a heel turn since his WWE debut.

• Paid Members

All those have changed their act to some degree.  Cena was a wigger for his first few years in WWE, while Orton went from a cocky young guy to a ruthless motherfucker.  Edge has been a goofy comedy act, a surfer-rockstar-thing, a psycho and the Rated R Superstar.  And Hogan is a massively obvious one.  Rey has been doing the exact same thing without even the hint of a heel turn since his WWE debut.

Yeah, but Steaky was asking about whether or not they've changed their act while on top for so long in WWE. The moment those guys reached the main event, they pretty much stayed mostly the same, with at most very minor changes to their characters.

With Hogan, I meant specifically his first run in the WWF.