UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

The website's FAQ doesn't seem to give an answer, Vamp. Closest I can see is:

Can I watch the event later after it has aired live?

Yes. The event will be available to view on demand in your account for 7 days after it airs.

So presumably you're okay until Sunday.

• Paid Members

What about PPV/ Gate and merch bonuses. Do you loose those if you break the 90 Day rule. If thats the case then I can understand if someone didn't want to break it because of the bonuses even if there basic was shit. Also do wrestlers still get a share of the live gates?

According to the Observer this week, WWE are trying to enforce him getting no royalties going forward. However, a lawyer who spoke to Meltzer says there's absolutely no way that would stand up in court because once somebody's earned the royalties (by working a show or whatever), you can't take that away from them, whatever the circumstances. Of course, in that situation the onus is on Del Rio to go to court to pursue the royalties.

• Paid Members

Wasn't the plan for Triple H to turn babyface and feud with heel Austin over the summer?

I've got a question but I'm not even sure there's a proper answer;

When the WWF were talking to Ric Flair about coming in and facing Randy Savage at SummerSlam '88, what were the plans for Hogan if that happened? Or didn't the Flair/WWF talks get that far? Hogan vs Andre or DiBiase, I guess?

At the point Triple H got injured, the plan was still for WCW to be its own brand -- the WWF vs Alliance storyline hadn't been hatched yet, so WCW wasn't all heels. It was only after the Booker vs Bagwell match died on its arse that things went that way. I feel like Triple H would have taken Kurt Angle's spot that summer, although I'd bargain that in May, the plan for SummerSlam was an Austin vs Rock rematch. Things did seem to be building to an Austin-HHH split, mind. I could see the plan being to send him to WCW as the main man there if it had got its own show, and either turning face or doing the NWA Ric Flair "company's top star is a heel" run that he later did during Evolution anyway.

I think it'd make for an interesting fantasy booking thread: If a network had given Vince the greenlight for a WCW show back then, which guys you'd move over to get that brand off the ground.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members

AFAIK the plan wasn't for Flair to wrestle at SummerSlam 88 but rather to debut on a live Brother Love show on the PPV. That's why they ended up having to fill the spot with somebody who wasn't already wrestling (Jim Duggan) and didn't really have anything to say.

• Paid Members

Was watching OSW Review Royal Rumble 1990 last night and the host mentioned that the original plan, leading upto the day of the Rumble, was that Mr Perfect was going to win it, only for it to be changed to Hogan on the day.

Seemed a bit far fetched to me. Any truth to this?

Was watching OSW Review Royal Rumble 1990 last night and the host mentioned that the original plan, leading upto the day of the Rumble, was that Mr Perfect was going to win it, only for it to be changed to Hogan on the day.

Seemed a bit far fetched to me. Any truth to this?

I've heard that story, and it wouldn't surprise me; When you look at the first two winners, winning the Rumble wasn't as prestigious at that point as it would go on to be in later years. And they were desperately short of top heels around that time.

Even if it had gone down, it wouldn't have had any effect on WM6 though, like some claim. A fair drop from feuding with Hogan and being talked about for winning the rumble, to jobbing clean to Brutus though. 

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members

AFAIK the plan wasn't for Flair to wrestle at SummerSlam 88 but rather to debut on a live Brother Love show on the PPV. That's why they ended up having to fill the spot with somebody who wasn't already wrestling (Jim Duggan) and didn't really have anything to say.

Flair says in his book that Vince called him up specifically to offer him Savage at SummerSlam.

Then again, this could be a gin-soaked false memory. WHOOO!!