UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I’ve been away for over a week, so my question is: why’s Kane relinquished his mask to The Authority… again?

f

So he can go off promoting See No Evil 2, there's talk of Kane turning into his Jacob Goodnight character from the films as part of the promotion ala No Holds Barred and Zeus in 1989

• Paid Members

I’ve been away for over a week, so my question is: why’s Kane relinquished his mask to The Authority… again?

So he can go off promoting See No Evil 2, there's talk of Kane turning into his Jacob Goodnight character from the films as part of the promotion ala No Holds Barred and Zeus in 1989

Sounds like a WrestleMania match in the making. Imagine him walking down the ramp with a rusty hook in his hand to take on another monster like say, The Great Khali?

• Paid Members

It won't be the same without Sherri Martel looking into an imaginary cauldron and Mean Gene having to sell it.

Gene had a tough night all round, didn't he?

What does the WWE 90 day no compete clause entail?

I was under the impression it meant you couldn't work anywhere at all. Then in recent years evolved my thinking to mean that you couldn't work on TV or PPV during the 90 day period, but could take bookings. More recently I'm sure I read that you could turn up at another promotion's TV show or PPV within the 90 days, say TNA, and there's nothing WWE could do other than not pay the remainder of your 90 days. So theoretically someone like Alberto Del Rio could turn up at the next TNA taping/PPV, forgo his 90 day money on the basis he doesn't care about the money, or more realistically gets compensated by TNA, and there's nothing WWE can do about it.

Can anyone clarify?

• Paid Members

The official rule is that if you are released from your contract before its official expiry date, WWE will continue paying you for 90 days on condition that you don't work anywhere else. The unofficial rule is that they don't mind you working indies, as long as it's not on TV for another promotion.

The 90 days isn't enforceable and you can work wherever you want right away if you are happy to give up the money. For most people who were on decent contracts, you won't get enough elsewhere to make it worthwhile.

If your contract expires, you can go straight to work elsewhere. However (and this sometimes confuses people because its the same number), the wrestler has to give notice in the final 90 days of the contact period or the contract automatically renews for a year. WWE can end the contract at any time for any reason.

• Paid Members

The official rule is that if you are released from your contract before its official expiry date, WWE will continue paying you for 90 days on condition that you don't work anywhere else. The unofficial rule is that they don't mind you working indies, as long as it's not on TV for another promotion.

The 90 days isn't enforceable and you can work wherever you want right away if you are happy to give up the money. For most people who were on decent contracts, you won't get enough elsewhere to make it worthwhile.

I disagree with this. As far as I can see the clause as written in the contract isn't actually a "no compete clause", it's about notice. For those ninety days they're still under contract just the same as normal. They won't require you to work and will let you make appearances elsewhere as long as you get permission, but that seems to be standard anyway. Punk, for example, worked for ROH in 2006 while under WWE contract.

TNA really weren't worth going after in 2003 when Raven turned up, but WWE would totally go after them now. Panda and Spike might also find themselves in trouble as well.

I disagree with this. As far as I can see the clause as written in the contract isn't actually a "no compete clause", it's about notice. For those ninety days they're still under contract just the same as normal. They won't require you to work and will let you make appearances elsewhere as long as you get permission, but that seems to be standard anyway. Punk, for example, worked for ROH in 2006 while under WWE contract.

TNA really weren't worth going after in 2003 when Raven turned up, but WWE would totally go after them now. Panda and Spike might also find themselves in trouble as well.

Didnt Punk get the permission off Tommy Dreamer, who got in hot water for letting him do it.

• Paid Members

Didnt Punk get the permission off Tommy Dreamer, who got in hot water for letting him do it.

I think the story was that Punk asked Dreamer, Dreamer cleared it with Laurinaitis, who then denied it and put it all on Dreamer when he realised that higher ups weren't happy about it. It was definitely unusual that they let him wrestle but I do read about wrestlers making non-wrestling appearances elsewhere, for friends promotions etc, every so often.