UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Apart from the disastrous Heroes of wrestling is there any other independent shows: that have gone down as the absolutely worst shows ever?

Me & my mates have watched heroes of wrestling. And got a kick out of how bad it is, so trying to get a list of shit together. Ha

While likely not the worst of all time, the '6:05 - The Reunion' PPV from World Wrestling Legends in 2006 was pretty terrible. This is the same PPV Kanyon came out on.

The card..

Nikolai Volkoff (w/ Iron Sheik) vs. Jim Duggan

Rick Steiner vs. Virgil

Disco Inferno vs. Koko B. Ware

Greg Valentine (w/ Jimmy Hart) vs. Jimmy Snuka

Eddie Col

What was the original plan for Savage at Mania 8? I know the planned Hogan/Flair match got changed to Hogan/Sid and Flair/Savage after they weren't impressed with the Flair v Hogan matches from house shows, but was it ever revealed/known what Randy would've done if Flair v Hogan had stuck?

• Paid Members

Any plans for Hogan-Flair were only ever very tentative and came long before they firmed up the card. By the time they initially announced Hogan-Flair after the Rumble, it was only ever a storyline swerve and Sid-Hogan was already the plan.

Most likely, if they had done Flair-Hogan, they would have held off the Savage-Roberts feud-ending match from Saturday Night's Main Event in February and done it at Mania.

Why exactly did Flair-Hogan not work in 92 then? On paper it was the biggest match of the era with both still pretty much in their prime.

I caught an episode of Dirty Sanchez last night and they did some sort of angle at an FWA show. Some big lad ran down and laid them out with a chair and what I assume was his finisher. Who was the wrestler and what show was it at? Did any more come of it?

Also thinking about it in the Sanchez movie they get battered in Japan by a bunch of Japanese wrestlers. Any info on who those guys was and if any of them became anything?

Flash Barker according to a google search.

- Japanese guys were MENS Teioh, Ryuji Ito, Kintaro Kanemura & Abdullah Kobayash according to the comments although Jaki Numazawa's wiki also mentions he was a part. Edited by cobystag

A very young Daisuke Sekimoto was there (the one who said Fuck Off) and in regards to if any of them went on to anything, Sekimoto is THE guy in Japan when it comes to heavyweight wrestling as he's appeared in Big Japan, All Japan, NOAH, DDT and basically every Indy going. He's appeared in both New Japan's and Dragon Gate's smaller sister promotions and if he wasn't so loyal to Big Japan, he'd be in New Japan already. He's also wrestled a lot in Europe and America.

Yeah I was wondering if any of them made it,some of them looked pretty scary tbh! I didnt realize Kobayash was there aswell. Is that the guy that was in one of the Tournaments of Death and got those spikes lodged into his skull with a steel chair? Think he beat Nick Gage in the 1st round, cant recall wo he lost to in the 2nd round. Possibly Masada.

Edited by Bradyisgod22

Why exactly did Flair-Hogan not work in 92 then? On paper it was the biggest match of the era with both still pretty much in their prime.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/750462-...ever-was-part-1

Probably the biggest reason was that the majority of the WWF's fanbase at the time were kids who weren't very familiar with Flair and his accomplishments anyway and wouldn't have grasped the significance of the feud. They were expecting Hogan to do his usual thing at WM8 (Hulk up and go over the heel opponent). McMahon made a wide decision in my view with the double main event, having Savage vs Flair (which was a much better technical bout than Hogan VS Flair would have been) and as well as your typical Hogan-style match to send the fans home happy.

.......if he wasn't so loyal to Big Japan, he'd be in New Japan already.

Not sure how much loyalty has to do with it tbh (though it might do) - but New Japan rarely lifts wrestlers from the indies (Kota Ibushi being a notable exception) even if they're good.

Sekimoto also gets to be THE guy in Big Japan whereas he'd be a much smaller fish in NJPW.

• Paid Members
Any plans for Hogan-Flair were only ever very tentative and came long before they firmed up the card. By the time they initially announced Hogan-Flair after the Rumble, it was only ever a storyline swerve and Sid-Hogan was already the plan.

Most likely, if they had done Flair-Hogan, they would have held off the Savage-Roberts feud-ending match from Saturday Night's Main Event in February and done it at Mania.

I thought, given his involvement in the post-wedding angle and their interaction in the Rumble, that we were getting Savage vs. Undertaker.