UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

When WWE used to say that tickets for an event sold out in minutes, what did they base that on? Were they just lying blatantly?

It seemed real when trying to get tickets for UK shows in the late 90's/early 00's.

• Awards Moderator
When WWE used to say that tickets for an event sold out in minutes, what did they base that on? Were they just lying blatantly?

Not all possible tickets are available on day 1. They could sell out of that first allocation, which could be fraction of what they intend to sell.

From what I can gather the Ultimate Warrior only ever wrestled two matches in the UK. The Summerslam 92 one of course along with this one in 91:

-----

WWF @ London, England - Wembley Arena - May 2, 1991 (11,000)

The Ultimate Warrior defeated the Undertaker via disqualification

-----

Anyone know of any I've missed?

• Paid Members

Not an official reason obviously, but we had a discussion in the Smackdown thread (I think) a few weeks after it started happening where we seemed to come to a consensus that Sky probably switch the opening segments when there's talking on first, basically to put action up front and try to draw in the casual Friday night Sky Sports viewer who might think "this looks a laugh" if there's actual wrestling on, but switch off if there's cheesy talking.

• Paid Members
Does the WWE bigwigs have to authorise a WWE Superstars finishing move before he/she can use it?

I imagine they must. Shane Helms was using the dangerous "Vertibreaker" before he came in and then changed it when he got to the WWE. Somebody must have got in his ear.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
I imagine they must. Shane Helms was using the dangerous "Vertibreaker" before he came in and then changed it when he got to the WWE. Somebody must have got in his ear.

That's not to say he never performed the Vertebreaker in the WWF. I'm not going to YooToob it from work, but I think he did one on the B show (Metal/Velocity whatever) against Stevie Richards. It might even have been as The Hurricane now that I think about it, but don't hold me to that.

Has there been an official reason given for why Smackdown has the first two segments flipped on Sky Sports?

No idea, but it happened a few weeks ago too. It's bizarre how it happens every few weeks.

I think it's happened every week since the Batista heel turn episode. Which was very odd because it had the first match, then adverts for Batista vs Ziggler, then the next segment was the Batista promo that led to Ziggler challenging him. I've watched most weeks since then and it seems to be the same deal every time.