The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

14 minutes ago, Chris B said:

How much of Injustice 2 did you read? There were 36 issues - I didn't read it, but I'm under the impression it's mostly finished.

Because Injustice is an alternative universe story, it's a bit difficult to suggest what you might like, because it depends which characters you liked. You might like Scott Snyder's Justice League run - especially the Metal series, perhaps.

I read them all but it doesn't conclude it seemingly just ends at a certain point. 

I'll check out Snyder's work. Did not realise it was an alternative universe. I am so lost in the DC world. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Joe Blog said:

I read them all but it doesn't conclude it seemingly just ends at a certain point. 

I'll check out Snyder's work. Did not realise it was an alternative universe. I am so lost in the DC world. 

Yeah, Injustice riffs on the basic characters, but goes off into specifically a different universe. The current Brian Michael Bendis run on Superman and Action comics might be a decent starting point, actually, in terms of easing yourself in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Would there be any interest in a Transformers thread? Not a day goes by when I don’t have thoughts, questions, musings etc about the G1 comic, Marvel cartoon, toy line, Earth Wars mobile game etc. Obviously it would be a catch-all with nothing off-limits, even the Bay films if so inclined. I know it has its own forums but I’d rather post about it here if anyone else would join in. Apart from Geoff, you’re a given.

Any other Trannies here?

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

More Than Meets The Eye (which, for those who don't know, becomes renamed Lost Light - only clarifying because I've seen people get confused when it's referred to by both names) is tremendous.

With all we know about fandom, who would have thought massively gaying-up (to use a technical phrase) the Transformers would have gone down so well with so much of the fan base? Obviously helps that it was consistently funny and emotional and thrilling stuff. And it all felt so organic. Genuinely great.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Chris B said:

More Than Meets The Eye (which, for those who don't know, becomes renamed Lost Light - only clarifying because I've seen people get confused when it's referred to by both names) is tremendous.

With all we know about fandom, who would have thought massively gaying-up (to use a technical phrase) the Transformers would have gone down so well with so much of the fan base? Obviously helps that it was consistently funny and emotional and thrilling stuff. And it all felt so organic. Genuinely great.

Was a humongous surprise how much I enjoyed it. Wonderfully paced and written. Also Getaway was a fantastic villain. 

• Paid Members

Recently, I got into pen-and-paper roleplaying - well, in theory, as it's been via an online platform. Currently playing a game that I'm enjoying massively called Lancer, a mech pilot RPG.

Anyway, the GM who organised the game mentioned that the author of the game had also created an online comic called Kill 6 Billion Demons, and strongly recommended it.

I started reading at the beginning of last week and am on Book 3 now. It's fucking brilliant. It's a fantasy adventure set in a universe that's a fusion of Hindu/Buddhist religious portrayal, Abrahamic cosmology, and all sorts of other cultures' mythos in between.

It's free to access online, although they also sell print copies if that's more your bag. I haven't yet tested out the RSS feed function on my tablet's gReader app yet though.

Starts here: https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/kill-six-billion-demons-chapter-1/

• 1 month later...

I just finished reading Darth Vader: Lord of The Sith vol. 1 (#1-12) and was impressed by how it portrayed the character after the events of EP3.

It was the first collection I've read in a long time and was disappointed by how quickly I digested it compared to the price. It's just not viable to buy graphic novels anymore...

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

A ton of really good digital comics for dirt cheap. https://www.humblebundle.com/books/judge-dredd-2000-ad-more-books

I have no idea when I'll get to any of those but that's a crazy bargain. Thanks very much. I've been meaning to give Judge Dredd a proper read for years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Picked up some Golden Age Sub-Mariner on my Kindle the other day. Some interesting reading. I'd prefer some silver age stuff. I'll have to keep an eye on some of that in the sales.