The UKFF Comics n Graphic Novels thread

Famous Mortimer

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 4/29/2019 at 12:52 PM, Merzbow said:

Have you seen the new Image comic Little Bird? I think you'd dig Ian Bertram's art in it. I find myself going over each panel multiple times looking for things as it's so well done.

I'd never heard of this dude, I looked up his stuff and liked it cheers. One thing I'll say though is he's definitely borrowed a lot from Moebius in his shading.

Apparently the first issue of Frank Miller and Jon Romita Jr's 'Superman Year 1' comes out next month.

It's on DC's Black Label imprint which appears to be a rehash of the All Star line from the early 2000's.

With that in mind expect issue 2 some time around 2024.

• Paid Members

I've bought volumes 1-3 of the Scalped deluxe paperbacks, only now to find out that they've cancelled volumes 4 and 5. They're available only in hardback so they're obviously sold out at the usual decent (re:cheap) places and have been for months.

Very frustrating as I hate hardbacks, and they're a helluva lot more expensive. Amazon sellers are asking for £25 and sellers oversees want £13, with P&P and customs on top. 

Even then, I am the kind of wanker who wants conformity in his collection so I'll have to buy 1-3 in hardback too.

Bag of shite.

• 2 weeks later...

Having recently come across the 'Metal' series from DC. What is the correct order to read them in? And what's the concept? 

Are they to be read before a certain range of issues? If I'm correct in what (admittedly) little research I've done, they're to be read before Scott Snyder's Justice League run. Is it the same for other titles too? 

I've been out of the loop the last several months or so, these have seemingly cropped up on me out of the blue.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:51 PM, Mikeymike83 said:

Having recently come across the 'Metal' series from DC. What is the correct order to read them in? And what's the concept? 

Are they to be read before a certain range of issues? If I'm correct in what (admittedly) little research I've done, they're to be read before Scott Snyder's Justice League run. Is it the same for other titles too? 

I've been out of the loop the last several months or so, these have seemingly cropped up on me out of the blue.

0w20866b80bz.jpg

I think you're right that Snyder went on to justice league immediately afterwards. I don't know if there's anything particular to read in preparation. If I'm honest I found Metal a real slog but a lot of people seemed to enjoy it a lot. 

Amazing haul of TPBs that, some stuff in there that I've been after as well like Red Son, Kingdom Come and Infinity War

I've been getting into buying Marvel's run of $1 reprints as of late, got some Star Wars ones on FCBD a few weeks back and been picking other titles since that have caught my eye. Just last week while I was up in Manchester I got that weeks titles which were Luke Cage, Iron Fist and a Spider-Girl What If? story, worked out at 75p an issue