Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members

He was finally stopped. Great final. Shame it didn’t go the distance. Humphries never looked like missing a treble at times never mind the doubles. Little was fantastic again with great ton plus checkouts. He will win this one day. I think not hitting a double to go 5-2 was what cost him. 

Humphries has been great the past couple of years. But to win 4 out of the last 5 majors in the same level of Taylor and MVG. He will be a multi time world champion. Not a fan of the guy but no denying his talent and he throws at a good pace so it’s always a good watch. 

2 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

He’s coming to see his beloved Man Utd the next home game. More misery for him. 

I read today that on  his 16th birthday, he played in a tournament in the Riley’s 5 minutes from mine!  Bet he had no bother getting served. Next door to a McDonalds too. 

• Paid Members

Gutted for Littler and it does feel like the turning of the tide was the chance to make it 5-2 he just couldn't land but it was exceptional darts from both once the nerves settled.

Happy for Humphries though, it's a credit to working hard on yourself that he was able to come back from the anxiety and panic attacks he was having to essentially be the best player in the world right now. He's been magnificent the bottom end of 2023, gonna be fun to see him in the Premier League coming up in this form.

• Paid Members

Yeah he’ll do well in the premier league. Shame the new format is so dire though. 

Obviously he’ll want to win everything he can, but the Matchplay is surely next on the agenda. He’s done the marathon of a worlds tournament all the way to the end. Now to complete the next hardest one. 

• Paid Members

This post is going to be one for the Dull Men’s Club but I love stats like this. Justice for D17. I couldn’t tell you the last time I saw someone take it out. And for my good friend D13, one of my favourite doubles. 

• Paid Members

Yeah it is. A lot of travelling and pressure for his age. Plus all the media he has to do. I hope he gets all the right people around him before night 1. I’ll watch the opening night out of intrigue of the two Lukes debuting.