Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

His 9-darter at the world championship was a brilliant moment, shame he lost his tour card after that. Would be good to see him back.

If you didn't win a day at last years Q School it took 6 points and a good plus leg number to win a card. Borland got 5 today for getting to the final. Couple more points should see him through. 

• Paid Members

Robert Grundy who I've seen on the Modus Super Series won the tour card at Milton Keynes yesterday. I think it is his first time winning a card. The exact opposite really in Germany where Jelle Klaasen regained his card having lost it a couple of years ago. Old Jelle seems to have been around longer than sliced bread yet is still only 39. Willie Borland should have done enough with 7 points already to secure his. 

• Paid Members

Great way for Jelle to win it as well. Three 140s and an 81 out in two darts. Just keep him away for Littler. Unless he’s too old now. 

Great averages in the UK final. I know the names not the games of the two men involved. So looking forward to seeing them more in future. 

Yeah Willie has done enough. Leighton Bennett needs one good day today and I think he’s secure. He played some great stuff yesterday. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• Paid Members

Leighton Bennett has won a tour card. A great few days and today he was on fine form. Maybe the pressure is off him a bit now everyone’s focused on Littler. 

Andy Baetens, the current WDF champion also won today from the Euro side.

With one day left, Haupai Puha and Jules Van Dongen have secured their tour cards and Radek Szaganski has more or less secured his. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I know you like Bennett Redders but wasn't there some hate for him in here? 

The hate was from me tbf. Just because of his attitude problem and how he acted the past few years. Hopefully this means he’s got his head together with how well he’s now playing. He is a great talent. I would put it down to him being put into the spotlight with a lot of pressure on him when he was 13/14. So maybe he’s grown up a bit. Be interesting to see him on the tour and how his attitude is now. 

Danny Lauby is close to getting a card now which I’m excited about. Can’t wait for him to be on the tour. Probably the quickest thrower of a dart. More than Evans or Barry. 

• Paid Members

So all the tour cards are decided. Too many to name them all but the final tables from Q School are here for the European 

https://www.dartsrankings.com/qschool-eu-final

And here for the British

https://www.dartsrankings.com/qschool-uk-final

Danny Lauby did get a card Redders, but it's a shame that bellend Killington did. Had Darren Webster not played the last day he would have got a card as he was net -2 on legs without scoring a point on the last day. He missed out by 1 on legs. Brutal. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Paid Members

Glad to see Lauby finally get on the tour. Annoyed by Killington. Darren Webster just missed out. If he didn’t play yesterday, he would’ve more than likely got a card. Madness. 

Darius Labanuskas not getting a card actually means he has more of a chance of qualifying for the worlds via the Nordic and Balctic tour. 

Intetesting to see who will join the WDF this year as quite a few of the top ten got tour cards. Max Hopp could rebuild a career there. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, hallicks said:

What’s happened to John Part, did he make it in? 

He didn't. I think actually making it in wasn't what he was after. More that by playing this he can play the challenge tour and get better match practice for the seniors tour. Same for Kevin Painter I think.