Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 25, 2024 9 minutes ago, hallicks said: Dreading all the Brexityness for the match against Pikachu. Tbf, Pikachu is an absolute wanker so he’ll get the reaction he deserves. Don’t know who I dislike more out of the two. 10 minutes ago, hallicks said: I’ve tried to warm up to Mardle, I really have. I watched the QF where he finally beats Taylor on YouTube. I listened to the Darts Show podcast where he was interviewed by Dawson. I just don’t get it. He talks like he’s some great showman or performer, but being gobby and wearing Hawaiian shirts isn’t that. His commentary is just OTT for the sake of it, all brashness and crap sarcasm, intermixed with inane bollocks delivered in a totally earnest way. I can never forget last year’s piece de resistance, “That’s why better players win more matches: because they are…better players.” Thanks. For. That. At least he hasn’t been about for the first two rounds. I wonder if he’ll be back for any of the tournament at all after what’s happened with his wife. He does talk a lot of bollocks and is incredibly annoying. He’s at his absolute worse when doing comms with Laura Turner and Rod Studd. He was a good player in his day (and should’ve won the worlds in the first year at Ally Pally), and the showman stuff is just the charisma he has. It’s just too much and gets irritating. I much prefer him when he’s talking as a serious pundit. 14 minutes ago, hallicks said: My wife asked me the hardest question ever a few days ago, I couldn’t answer it: who would you want to win out of a match between Rob Cross and Wayne Mardle? I still can’t compute. That is a tough one. Cross has an ugly throw these days and is a miserable weirdo. I think I’d actually rather Mardle. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 25, 2024 17 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: I wonder if he’ll be back for any of the tournament at all after what’s happened with his wife. God, now I feel like a right dickhead. Not that he’ll ever read or care but condolences to him. Fuck. 20 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said: Tbf, Pikachu is an absolute wanker so he’ll get the reaction he deserves. Ahh, didn’t realise this. Anything specific, or just a general arse? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 25, 2024 29 minutes ago, hallicks said: Ahh, didn’t realise this. Anything specific, or just a general arse? Started on Luke Littler for no reason when he lost against him at the Belgium Open. Got in his face and made some posts about him on social media. He’s also very arrogant in Gerwyn Price kind of way. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted December 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 25, 2024 Rob Cross went through an annoying party pooper stage where he was beating everyone that had a good story/that I really wanted to win. I mean, beating Taylor in the final of his last ever tournament was a sign of things to come. I can’t stand his smug face. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 28, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 28, 2024 More commentary chat, I’m afraid. I nearly choked today when Glen Durrant said something along the lines of “lots of German fans in here today. And frogs!” As the camera cut to lads in frog fancy dress. At the other end of the scale, I think it was Laura Turner who talked about “the round of 3”, which is huh? And also “lift the UK Open”, which, you know what she means, but it’s missing kind of a key word. I haven’t enjoyed Part as much this year, and I usually unconditionally love him. I thought him and Dawson didn’t gel well tonight. Pyke was awful as ever. Onto the actual darts… interesting to see Littler coping with the expectation of being favourite. Seemed to weigh on him a bit tonight, especially when the fans basically turned on him. He’s still playing well, mind. Sad to see Searle go out. Also, Pietrecko out-showman-ing Scott Williams was not on my bingo card for today. Non-darts highlight was the crowd cheering the guy necking the pitcher of beer and then doing the end of set music when he finished it. Slightly disrespectful to the snoozefest that was Aspinall vs Gilding, but still. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted December 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2024 (edited) 1 hour ago, hallicks said: Non-darts highlight was the crowd cheering the guy necking the pitcher of beer and then doing the end of set music when he finished it. Slightly disrespectful to the snoozefest that was Aspinall vs Gilding, but still. Didn't enjoy that game at all tbh. Was also the most unconvincing 4-0 win I've ever seen. Edited December 29, 2024 by garynysmon Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2024 Peter Wright showing that form is temporary but class is permanent. Won the big moments against Humphries and knocked him out. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2024 A fantastic display from Wright. I was surprised after his shit year. Would be typical of him to go on and win it now. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 29, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 29, 2024 Cracking Babyface promo on the stage as well. Really got the crowd behind him for the next round. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 My favourite was the look of utter bemusement on Humphreys’ face when he was chucking some of his best arrows only for Wright to keep checking out without any room for error. Seriously expected Wright to hit a 9 darter the way he was playing in sets 3 and 4. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 Anyone hear Part get annoyed with Pyke for talking shit again and then going quiet for the rest of the leg? He needs sacking off big time. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 I’m trying to tune him out. He’s suffering badly from Drury-itis, the need to constantly describe the events of the match in some greater historical context rather than just calling the action. When during the match was it? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 It was in the fourth set. Evans could’ve won the set and lead 3-1. He accidentally hit a big 4. Pyke said that’s what cost him but Part said he still had two darts to try and win the set so it wasn’t the mistake. Pyke would not stop talking about despite Part ignoring it and trying to bring the focus back to what Owen was doing. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 Oh yeah, I remember now. Was it later on he started going on about someone missing set darts when they weren’t for the set? I’m sure that happened last night as well. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 More than likely. He tends to go that way if he’s not talking about Luke Littler in matches he’s not participating in. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.