Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

It will be interesting tonight as Littler will finally be playing someone at this Championship who has the same ability he has to just knock it up a gear and power surge scoring and doubling. I can't call it either way, if you want to be hyper critical you could say Littler has only one experience of first to 7 sets, which he lost. The longer it goes you'd have to fancy MVG just for that alone. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Absolutely incredible. Gutted it wasn’t the 132 checkout. I thought at one point he would’ve won 7-0. He will dominate for years to come. He could surpass Taylor and MVG by the end of his career. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I can’t believe he won on double 16. I think he can only have hit it maybe once or twice before in the whole tournament? Maybe not at all? I genuinely thought he would split it and go 12 double 10, but what do I know. I thought MVG’s doubling would be stronger but he was so jittery early on.

That one set where he started with a 180 every time on his throw was magnificent, as you just felt MVG was starting to get to grips with the game a little bit, but Littler didn’t let him have a sniff. Mental toughness beyond anything.

Also the 70 checkout where he went bull-double 10 was brilliant. Part saying it was Littler rubbing MVG’s face in it, I didn’t agree with that. He just does what he wants, what he feels in that moment. It’s not like he needed a single 3 and went for treble 1, is it? Thankfully not a Pyke nor Studd in sight. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

A sense of inevitability really in that win. MVG never looked happy, Littler kept him subdued for the most part. MVG was never really in the game. Littler was good without really finding top gear it seemed, and he never needed it. You just have to hope that the press who have spent the last year building Littler up don't put as much effort into tearing him down again. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
20 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Thankfully not a Pyke nor Studd in sight. 

Dan Dawson is far superior. Actually knows everything about every play on the tour as he always there. Made it more of a joy to watch.   

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Q School stage 1 starts tomorrow. Was it you @TheBurningRed who knew someone who went last year? 

Yeah he went last year and a couple of other times. Decent pub player but reckons he can be a pro and flops massively. An arrogant prick who everyone laughs at. Plus he lies about everything regarding his results and playing on the challenge tour when he forgets we can all use the internet and research.

I didn’t see him on the list a couple of days ago so guessing he couldn’t afford it this year. 

I really wish they would stream Q School. They’d get a huge viewership.

Posted (edited)

A few 'big names' in first stage of qualifying this year.

Steve West, Devon Petersen, Rob Thornton, Fallon Sherrock, Alan Norris, James Richardson, Scott Waites. A few loose cannons (ie could easily throw mid-90 average or mid-70 average) in Scott Taylor, Conan Whitehead, Steve Hine, Conor Heneghan. Some good youngsters too, Jenson Walker, and a couple of youngsters from near me in Thomas Banks and Jarred Cole who both have exceptional ability, let's hope they can turn that on when they most need it. The one I guess most will talk about will be Mason Whitlock, imagine if he ends up playing his dad in a PDC event, especially if it was for a tour card. I know James and Joshua Richardson played each other in a Modus event, James even hit a 9 against him :), but a Whitlock vs Whitlock winner take all would be epic. 

Can see Ron Meulenkamp is in first stage qualifying over in European qualifier, he should get through at a canter. Also see ex-tour card holders John Michael, Max Hopp and Damien Mol. 

For info, European qualifying starts an hour earlier due to time difference.

 

Edited by Mowgli
Maybe Ron isnt there after all
Posted

Not sure, he's on the entry list according to dartconnect but couldnt see him on the board calls page. Maybe he will only turn up for a day so he can play challenge tour?

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 minute ago, Mowgli said:

Not sure, he's on the entry list according to dartconnect but couldnt see him on the board calls page. Maybe he will only turn up for a day so he can play challenge tour?

 

He got beat by Marko Kantelle in the round of 512. Not a great start. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Sorry to double post like a bellend but a handy way of keeping track of Q School and everything darts rankings wise is  https://www.dartsrankings.com/qschool-uk-first

My apologies if you already know but I thought it would be handy if you didn't. The European Q School is on there as well

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
THE GHOST OF JOCKEY WILSON MADE ME DO IT.
  • Paid Members
Posted

IMG_9356.thumb.jpeg.f54e159d001d132ffc3175bed9404caa.jpeg

Premier League is shite with this new format but I’ll moan anyway. I like Aspinall, but he’s clearly been picked for walk on alone. He’s done nothing the past year. Same as Price. De Decker won the Grand Prix. He should’ve been picked. They shouldn’t be there. I also hate that fourth on the ranking gets picked because Cross is boring.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...