Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 18, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 18, 2024 Christian Kist hitting a 9 darter to win the set but losing the match overall was pretty special. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 3 hours ago, garynysmon said: Anyone watching the PDC this year?! Can’t believe that Jim Williams threw that away… I can. He’s very average. And the crowd were on his case. Not been the best start to the worlds. And they want to expand it to 128 players. So we’d have more first round shite. Littler vs Miekle coming up. Speed vs sloth. Meikle is a painful watch but hopefully it’s 9-0/3-0 for Littler. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 5 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: Littler vs Miekle coming up. Speed vs sloth. Meikle is a painful watch but hopefully it’s 9-0/3-0 for Littler. I struggle to believe that even Miekle’s own family was happy to see him beat Fallon tbh. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 I was playing at an event years back and someone grassed me to his brother because I said I didn’t want to get drawn against Ryan as he’s a slow, boring plodder. And that I didn’t want to have to chalk one of his matches as I’d rather kill myself (maybe a bit dramatic, but it’s what his pace is like to me). His brother confronted me and used the excuse of “he’s not boring. He’s methodical”. I refused to apologise for my opinion and said “it’s not snooker mate. Methodical in darts means boring and he’s boring”. Well I lost the next round so needless to say, they had the last laugh. Then he lost in the semis. Got battered. And in terms of tournaments won, he was the best player there. So needless to say, I had the last laugh. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 A great match there between Doets and Smith. Always great to see Smith go out. Could drop out the top 16 after this tournament. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 19, 2024 Smith losing to Doets is what I love. Doets should have beaten him last year and does beat him this year in a game that got very nervy. That's huge for Smith who goes from world number 2 to number 15 and he will be very lucky to stay in the top 16. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2024 Only just caught up with Smith-Doets. Absolute classic. Really pleased for Doets and the way he held his nerve in the final set was impressive. Williams vs Spaniel was also a great watch, deserved to go to a final set. Not sure there’s much worth catching up with from Today’s matches, please let me know if I’m wrong! Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2024 Nijman v Carolissen is definitely worth a watch. Quote
Paid Members garynysmon Posted December 20, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 20, 2024 William O’Connor’s demeanour was horrendous, he was never going to win tonight. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2024 3 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Nijman v Carolissen is definitely worth a watch. Missed this because I was in bed due to night shift. Heard it was really good so I’m going to have a watch of it. Gutted De Zwaan lost. He’s not been the same since shoulder surgery. I wish he could get back to the form that he had on that Matchplay run in 2018. Plus Hempel has an ugly throw. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 21, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 21, 2024 10 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Nijman v Carolissen is definitely worth a watch. Excellent breakfast viewing, thanks! Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 22, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 22, 2024 What happened in the crowd during the DVD/Razma match? There were loud chants of “Wanker!” and then Razma hit a 180 to apparently zero reaction. Did they just mute the crowd from the mix or something? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2024 (edited) Stuart Pyke needs sacking. Both he and Studd are always abysmal but Pyke has been awful on this Worlds. He pissed off Mark Webster during the Peter Wright match by talking about anyone other Wright and then repeated what Webster had just told him like it was his own thought. He does make up a lot of stats and facts. But today he said Searle has never got past the last 16 in any major tournament. When he’s got to the quarters of the Matchplay and Grand Prix. Okay, maybe he misremembered what round he got to there. But Searle got to the final of the Players Championships Finals three years ago. A major tournament that he worked on. And has mentioned this fact before. Take him out back and fucking shoot him. I have to mute the telly when it’s not a combination of Dan Dawson/John Part/Mark Webster. Even Mardle is good with one of those. Tomorrows afternoon session has four very slow players on. Don’t envy people who have tickets for it. Forgot to add, Cullen has lost his head because he wasn’t the bookies favourite to win his match and because more hype was around Nijman. I like Joe, but he should realise most of all how shit he’s been on tv and the floor events this year. Hence his drop in the rankings. Edited December 23, 2024 by TheBurningRed Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 23, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 23, 2024 9 hours ago, hallicks said: What happened in the crowd during the DVD/Razma match? There were loud chants of “Wanker!” and then Razma hit a 180 to apparently zero reaction. Did they just mute the crowd from the mix or something? I think they must have. The wanker chants were very clear. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted December 25, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 25, 2024 Finally caught up with all the matches. Evans-Chizzy was a corker. Williams-Cross was not. Dreading all the Brexityness for the match against Pikachu. @TheBurningRed I agree that Pyke is rubbish. I don’t mind Studd, though. He does try a bit too hard and some of his pre-prepared stuff misses the mark terribly, but I think he’s self-aware/self-deprecating enough that it doesn’t grate on me. I can see why it could be annoying though. I’ve tried to warm up to Mardle, I really have. I watched the QF where he finally beats Taylor on YouTube. I listened to the Darts Show podcast where he was interviewed by Dawson. I just don’t get it. He talks like he’s some great showman or performer, but being gobby and wearing Hawaiian shirts isn’t that. His commentary is just OTT for the sake of it, all brashness and crap sarcasm, intermixed with inane bollocks delivered in a totally earnest way. I can never forget last year’s piece de resistance, “That’s why better players win more matches: because they are…better players.” Thanks. For. That. At least he hasn’t been about for the first two rounds. My wife asked me the hardest question ever a few days ago, I couldn’t answer it: who would you want to win out of a match between Rob Cross and Wayne Mardle? I still can’t compute. Anyway, onwards and upwards. Hoping Littler can go far again. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.