Official Darts Thread

Dai

I find watching Littler is a lot like watching a Taylor, Price or Van Gerwen on top form, you never think he's going to miss.  He's very mature not only in his play but also how he conducts himself like a seasoned pro.

Also unusual for a world series event to make BBC's main website page, probably never happened before actually. I agree with Wayne Mardle that there's no need to hold him back as such but he is very young to be travelling so much. Hopefully there's a bit of thought going into his schedule, although I loved that he said he hadn't picked up a dart since losing the final. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Luke Littler is going to dominate this game. He followed up from being the world final runner up with back to back World Series finals, one of which he won. A cracking start to the premier league campaign and today was his first pro tour and he won on debut. He hit a nine darter, he was very unlucky not to hit a second, averaged over a hundred in over half his games. And won the final against a 111 average (just the 109 for himself). Incredible. 

Leighton Bennett hit a nine on debut as well. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Yeah he’s a wanker. He ripped off a load of fans by selling signed boards, match darts and flights and never shipping them out. Just kept the money. Reputation for having a strop and not shaking hands or marking after games he’s lost on the super league circuit. Probably the most hated player on the tour.

Edited by TheBurningRed

• 2 weeks later...

Darts has historically had some right jealous folk in it. Peter Manley and Kevin Painter being good examples of players who lost focus so badly it cost them a world title. Littler is 17 and has probably not conducted himself in line with the etiquette at all times. But, he's 17. My 14 year old kicked his bed when I beat him at best of 5 legs from 301 earlier. Littler will learn to regulate himself a bit better as he matures. I'm a huge fan of his, I love his confidence to go for unusual out shots in particular. 

• Paid Members

I think his attitude is fine. Compared to how Leighton Bennett was when he first came onto the scene, he’s still quite humble. I think there’s a lot of bitterness and jealousy from players. Ricardo Pietreczko got the arse with him the other day when he was going for the unusual out shots and confronted him on stage after. And Kryztof Ratajaski, who’s already slow, slowed down even more to put him off. So if he has some arrogance about him, I don’t mind. Some players the arrogance suits them, where as others come across as cunts (Price, Smith).

And Barney is a soft shite weirdo anyway. So I don’t blame Littler for ignoring him (I’m aware my display pic is Barney but that moment was hilarious). 

43 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

I love his confidence to go for unusual out shots in particular.

Same. I’m a big mark for alternative routes which he does. I love doing it in the pub league as some chalkers have no idea other than the routes they learnt when they first started.