Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members

Fucking hell. What a match. Dobey 4 sets up and Cross with an incredible comeback to win 5-4. Dobey missing a dart to take it to a sudden death leg. Did not expect the comeback and feel for Dobey. 

Probably the best Cross performance since the demolition of Taylor in the 2018 worlds final and the comeback against Gurney in the 2019 Matchplay semi final. I don’t enjoy watching Cross or his snatchy throw. But when he plays like that, it’s a joy. 

• Paid Members

Littler into the semi finals. Unreal player. The scoring, the set up play, the finishing. Makes it look easy. I’m stating to believe he’s going to win it now. And even if he doesn’t, as it is a big ask, he is going to win multiple majors in the years to come. 

Bristow, Taylor, MVG. All the previous eras. Luke Littler is the next big era. 

• Paid Members

He shit the bed after being two legs up in the first set and throwing it away. I think he would’ve been better if he had won that first set as he was playing okay. But not much you can do when your opponent is playing like that. Even if his average was up in the 90s, he still wouldn’t have been able to live with it.

Hitting the doubles when your opponent is on a double digit finish is alot tougher compared to when theyre on 200+, which was the case most of the time in this one. Would have been nice to see how hed perform when the pressure was on more than it was.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

One of the most incredible runs by a young gun in sporting history if he carries this on. 

Where the fuck has he come from? Was he always tipped as a young prospect destined for the big time? 

EDIT - He keeps popping up as the main story on the likes of BBC Sport who don’t really give much PDC coverage. That tells you how big this story is getting imo. What a bit of publicity for the game. Not that it’s on its arse and it needs it, but still. 

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Every time he gets through, I start thinking about potential pitfalls, and I say to myself, “the only thing he’s got to watch out for is…” and then it’ll be Barney winning a set, Dolan hanging in there etc. And every time, the danger sort of appears and he just deals with it. 

My final and only fear for him now is, if he’s playing Cross or MVG, as they’re both so fast, I just wonder how he’ll cope if they get a head of steam and start averaging 110 or something. But then any player would struggle to deal with that, so whatever he does now, he’s already kind of won. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Where the fuck has he come from? Was he always tipped as a young prospect destined for the big time? 

Yeah he was. Since he was about 11 or 12 his name started popping up. Then the past couple of years he’s hit a different level. Winning junior and adult tournaments around England and Europe. All the modus tournaments this year as well as the development tour. It’s all been building to this. 

16 minutes ago, hallicks said:

Cross or MVG, as they’re both so fast,

I wouldn’t call Cross fast. In fact I’d say Littler is faster than Cross. I think he’ll be alright against Cross in the semis as he’s due a wobble. I think if he plays MVG in the final, the occasion might get to him then. 

• Paid Members

MVG might get to him quite a lot as well Redders.

The advantage that Cross has over everyone else that has played him is that Cross himself won on his PDC debut. He's playing the one man who has direct experience of what Luke is going through, obviously he was older. 

• Paid Members

Yeah MVG was awful. Can’t stand Williams but fair play to him. Put in a great performance. Gets himself into the top 32. Semis are lining up like it’s the UK Open. 

Littler is now the favourite to win it despite Humphries winning 3 majors the past few months. I would love for Chizzy to finally win the big one. Here’s hoping he can get through Humphries next.  

• Paid Members

I didn't realise that Williams was a fen monkey. He's from Swineshead, which is little more than a level crossing on the A17. The locals will probably burn him as a witch when they realise that he can throw a dart as they can't with their webbed fingers. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I thought I was a good T19 hitter. I think Luke just has me there. He’s going to win it. He is unreal. His ton plus checkouts were impressive but his D10 hitting was the real key. He barely missed it. Going 16 then D10 for a 36 finish instead of straight at the D18 was lairy in a good way because of how confident he was on the double. Excellent switching. If he plays Williams, he definitely wins. If he plays Humphries, it’s going to be a lot tougher. But I believe he can do it. 

Also, fair play to Rob Cross. He didn’t do much wrong. Scored well. Just couldn’t do anymore when up against someone in that form with that much confidence. 

Edited by TheBurningRed