Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted May 29, 2022 Paid Members Posted May 29, 2022 Just three darting legends hanging out at the Senior Masters yesterday. A really fun day, even if Deta Hedman and Colin Monk did their best to suck the life out of the room during their match. Quote
Jonny Vegas Posted October 8, 2022 Posted October 8, 2022 The Grand Prix moving from Dublin to Leicester has been utter shite. A weeks worth of "*insert team name here* get battered everywhere they go" chants is enough to have me dreading the wankers who will be in the crowd at the worlds already. Glad to see Aspinall make the final though especially by beating Price. Very much enjoyed his little angry face as he walked off stage in a huff. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted October 8, 2022 Paid Members Posted October 8, 2022 Night 1 was awful as everyone was at the Leicester vs Forest game. It was like an early afternoon Euro tour match in Gibraltar. Night 2 was just as dead. Got more fans in as the weeks gone on. But full of wankers. They were a disgrace during the Aspinall vs Noppert game. Although some bloke shouting “sign my tits Gary” at Anderson when it was dead and you could hear everything was amusing. They need to have more tournaments in Belgium after last weeks Euro tour success. Here and Germany just bring out the worst of fans. Glad Aspinall beat that wanker Price. I’d love to see him win it. But MVG is looking like his old unstoppable self and will beat him without much of a scare. Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted November 17, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 17, 2022 (edited) That Rock/MVG game was something else. The nine-darter from 'Rocky' was a sight to behold. The Grand Slam has been up and down in quality so far, but I enjoyed the last round of the group stage and Barney/Whitlock in the last 16 yesterday. Josh Rock though. Star-making performance tonight. Had he not injured his foot during the wild celebrations he might have just squeezed past MVG. Only 21 but such great temperament. Fucking brilliant to watch. Edited November 17, 2022 by Fatty Facesitter Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2022 (edited) Josh Rock has been incredible this year, but more so the past few months. Some of his averages the last couple of months in the pro tour have been crazy. He’ll go far at the worlds and definitely a future major winner. I wish I could throw like him. Barney vs Whitlock last night was very good too. Both rolling back the years. Hopefully Barney can beat Price again tonight. They really need to change the schedule next year and have the semis and finals on separate days. First to 16 in the semis in the afternoon then same in the final in the evening doesn’t make for a good quality final as both players are usually knackered. Edited November 18, 2022 by TheBurningRed Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted November 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2022 Barney you beautiful bastard. What a match. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 18, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 18, 2022 To come from 8-3 down and only concede two legs in the next 12 was something else. His set up play on two of his 10 darters, hitting 149s, was really rolling back the years. I was worried there was going to be a choke as Price made a comeback. Hitting that 156 to win would’ve been perfect. I don’t think he has the stamina to win on Sunday if he does get to the final. Michael Smith is unfortunately looking very strong. But a Barney vs MVG final is what we all want. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted November 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2022 I am going to blame it on the schedule and having the semis and final on the same day that’s lead to this terrible, terrible thing that’s happened. Fair play to the mumbling, tory moron though. He’s played great all tournament and battered Aspinall in the final. I don’t think he would’ve recovered if he somehow gave that away. Just makes me sick that he’s now a major winner. Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted November 20, 2022 Paid Members Posted November 20, 2022 Shame the final was so one-sided but a fun tournament overall. Hope Barney has a good run at the Worlds too - fantastic few days for him in Wolverhampton. Aspinall is a class act - always come across really well. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 15, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2022 So Christmas officially starts today at 7pm with night 1 of the world championships. Jermaine Wattermina vs Nathan Raffery is the standout match for me tonight. For the first time in many years I won’t be off for the whole tournament but will get to see the first few days. I think out of all the top 4, MVG will win it this year. He’s had a great year and won 4 tv titles, 3 of them majors. I can’t see anyone stopping him. World number 1 Gerwyn Price has had an up and down season and always manages to get a bit of luck the past few years at the worlds. All the pressure is on him as he defends £500,000 from two years ago. I’m hoping he has an early exit. Current world champion Peter Wright has been out of form for a lot of the year and dropped out of the last tournament as his wife was in hospital. But he always turns it on at the worlds and I can’t see him having much of a problem with either Ben Robb or Mickey Mansell tonight. Michael Smith finally got over the line and won a major. He was flawless throughout the Grand Slam but then lost in round one at the Players Finals a week after. You never know what Michael Smith will show up at this. One who will flop early doors or one who will get to the final and choke. All eyes will be on young stars Josh Rock and Beau Greaves. Especially Beau. She’s had a fantastic year winning nearly everything she’s been in and hardly dropping legs along the way. I remember playing her a few years back when she was only 14 and she won with ease. She was already a star in the making then who people didn’t want to play. She could possibly become Sky and the PDCs new golden girl if she gets though a couple of rounds. Speaking of golden girls, Sky made sure Fallon got shoehorned in in the most ridiculous of circumstances. The fans have turned on her. And it’s not her fault, it’s Sky and the PDC. I don’t think she’s going to do very well and they’ll be latching onto Beau once that happens. I’d love to see Nathan Aspinall win it. For an outsider I’d say Dirk could go far. He’s in the top 16, but has only made one major final and does seem to get double trouble or nerves get to him. But anything can happen with set play and I wouldn’t be against him winning it. I’m going to both sessions on Saturday. My biggest worry when I bought the tickets was having to see Ryan Meikle play. A man even more boring than Justin Pipe and Mickey Mansell. And he opens up Saturday evenings session. I’ll be at the bar instead. Quote
Paid Members Fatty Facesitter Posted December 15, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2022 (edited) Merry Christmas one and all. Although saying that - research continues into how to access Sky Sports (or find the Portuguese equivalent) for when we head over there next week for 'Feliz Natal'. I'm sure I'll find a way, otherwise it's going to be a lonely gap in the middle. I'd love Barney to go on another good run. He looked fantastic last month. This checkout from last year still stirrs the senses. The peacockery. The plumage. Edited December 15, 2022 by Fatty Facesitter Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 15, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 15, 2022 2 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said: research continues into how to access Sky Sports (or find the Portuguese equivalent) for when we head over there next week for 'Feliz Natal'. I'm sure I'll find a way, otherwise it's going to be a lonely gap in the middle. I think your best bet will be PDC tv or even DAZN might show the darts live outside the UK. I’m sure they have a deal together. Quote
Dai Posted December 15, 2022 Author Posted December 15, 2022 3 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said: Merry Christmas one and all. Although saying that - research continues into how to access Sky Sports (or find the Portuguese equivalent) for when we head over there next week for 'Feliz Natal'. I'm sure I'll find a way, otherwise it's going to be a lonely gap in the middle. I'd love Barney to go on another good run. He looked fantastic last month. This checkout from last year still stirrs the senses. Twitch is a good shout. Just checked and its on a few channels there now. Pretty sure last year the whole thing was on there every night. Seems like the PDC are not too arsed about it being there Quote
Dai Posted December 17, 2022 Author Posted December 17, 2022 Ive dipped in and out of a few matches so far. Wright looked awful in his match from the bits I watched. Maybe he was just playing to his opponents level, as whoever that guy was was terrible. Also, a star making performance from Beau, this was not. Will have to wait at least another year for her to be a golden girl too, as this was a completley unmemorable performance from her. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 17, 2022 Paid Members Posted December 17, 2022 6 minutes ago, Dai said: Also, a star making performance from Beau, this was not. Will have to wait at least another year for her to be a golden girl too, as this was a completley unmemorable performance from her. I wouldn’t call it unmemorable. She dipped a lot in the third set. But she had match darts to win the first two. She took out a 120 to win the first leg. A great 122 checkout when O’Connor had blown it and should’ve had that 144. I’d say she performed much better and was memorable than any of Lisa Ashtons matches at the worlds. 7 minutes ago, Dai said: as whoever that guy was was terrible. I’m no Mickey Mansell fan as he’s a boring clogger. But he’s a solid player and always does well on the pro tours. Probably didn’t help he was hammered. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.