Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, The British Bushwacker said:

We’ve gone on opening night for about the last 5 years and without a doubt the most irritating chanting this year was the damn ‘Scotland get battered’ shite, but I also despise it as it seems to pop up at pretty much every non league game I’ve been at this season as well ‘Oxford get battered everywhere they go’ etc, generic irritating shite

It really is the worst chant in football, let alone having to suffer it over and over again at the darts.

I must have missed the announcement about the WDF worlds being postponed as I was looking for it on Eurosport earlier. "Best of order please" and even Paula Jacklin felt pretty appealing, all considered.

Edited by garynysmon

On 12/30/2021 at 10:15 AM, TheBurningRed said:

I use the corona lighting system. It’s probably the best one out there. Although one of the magnets has fallen out twice and I’ve had to superglue it back in. But it’s the one we also use for our pub team and a few other teams use it too. 

Big thanks again for the recommendation. Finally got it up and running. Absolutely cracking light! 

Ordered a second one for the shed board too when the Mrs inevitably, but kindly, asks me to bugger off from the dining room board.spacer.png

Edited by FailedPromoter

• Paid Members

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2022/01/06/2022-pdc-qualifying-school-final-entries-exemptions-info-confirmed

Q School starts tomorrow. Few blasts from the past going for a card. I expect some of the players who lost their card and will be in the final stage to get it back. The likes of Matt Edgar, Jelle Klaasen, Ted Evetts and possibly Scott Waites are nailed on. Hoping Mickey Mansell doesn’t get one though. Be interesting to see if Jamie Lewis can bounce back and get one after a year out.

Rowby-John should definitely get one on the European side and join his brother on tour. Don’t know how good the other brother Roxy-James is though but would be good to see all three of them with cards. 

I’m hoping Dan Lauby Jr gets a card and for nostalgia reasons, I’d like to see John Part do well.

All eyes will be on Fallon Sherrock of course and if she can sort her floor game out. As well as Leighton Bennett and if he can live up to his potential. 

1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

What do people make of the new PL format? It looks like it's going to lead to some long nights.

In the old format the max number of legs was 70 legs, this new format will be 77. I guess though when you add in the walk ons and everything it could take longer. Maybe they can catch some time up by playing the games without any break after 5 legs

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Maybe they can catch some time up by playing the games without any break after 5 legs

Well depends on the format. If it’s still first to 7 or if they go first to 6 for the quarters, then there won’t be a break after 5 as they don’t have a break in the current format until the semis and final anyway. I imagine the semi and final of these mini tournaments will be a first to 10 though. They could do the Champions league of darts format and have 10 legs before a break. 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:27 PM, TheBurningRed said:

Well depends on the format. If it’s still first to 7 or if they go first to 6 for the quarters, then there won’t be a break after 5 as they don’t have a break in the current format until the semis and final anyway. I imagine the semi and final of these mini tournaments will be a first to 10 though. They could do the Champions league of darts format and have 10 legs before a break. 

Good shout.

Were they not having a break after 5 legs at Players Championship finals? I can't remember, but I guess pro tour is played straight through.

Anyway, did you got to Q-School in the end? I marked the first few days. Ben Robb must have either had a terrible draw on Sunday and Monday or played really poorly. He was definitely the best player on my board on Tuesday, beaten by Connor Scutt in the last 32 I believe, which is a shame as he threw some phenomenal stuff.

Was not surprised Connor Scutt got through, he won his first game on the Sunday comfortable before running in to Nick Fulwell, who was consistent all day Sunday (he was a qualifier on the Sunday). 

On Monday I marked a Welsh lady called Rhian O'Sullivan who gave Dave Prins a SCARE! Very consistent on her throw, a lot of 60's and tons. 

Aside from a few players that must have had £450 to burn the standard wasn't too bad.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Were they not having a break after 5 legs at Players Championship finals? I can't remember, but I guess pro tour is played straight through.

Usually ITV4 do that but I think they did let the players play through at the Players Championship Finals last year compared to their other tournaments. It’s annoying. Especially when someone’s 5-0 up and they go to a break. 

27 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Anyway, did you got to Q-School in the end?

I didn’t. During lockdown in 2020 and the early part of 2021 I was playing a lot of online tournaments and my average went right up and I was playing some really good stuff. Then last year I got a new job and a girlfriend and practice became less and less due to different priories and the average dropped right back down. Trying to adjust being back to league darts has been hard as well. So I didn’t want to spend the money to get hammered. I will do the UK Open at Riley’s now that’s back on as I might win a couple of games and it’s only £8. 

I thought Ben Robb would’ve got up there for winning a tour card. Does prove what a lottery it is considering the big names that didn’t get a card who have just lost it this year/last couple of years. I think someone like Lauby should’ve gone to the Euro Q School as I think he would’ve got a card that way.