Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Anyone not English has been completely eviscerated by the crowd other than Gando,

He did actually get booed a little bit playing Humphries. During his walk on and at points going for the double. Worst crowd they’ve had. But probably because not many of the Dutch, Germans etc could come over. Hopefully it’s better next year. 

13 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

The crowd has been absolutely awful this year though. Anyone not English has been completely eviscerated by the crowd other than Gando, and if it happens again next season I'd probably move it elsewhere. Noticeably tonight on several occasions the crowd noise was turned down. 

Yeah the crowd were dire. Its like the worst aspect of a football crowd all turn up to drink and chant, and occasionally look at the darts. There was a moment in this match where Wright was just about to throw a double for an important leg, and the crowd were doing that fucking awful "Stand up if you love the darts" shite. As if they dont really have an interest in the actual game. Between that, and the "Boring, boring tables"/"Shall we sing a song for you" football team rivals crowd chanting, its enough to make you mute it.

Speaking of awful and muting, the Mardle/Part combination is terrible. Not sure how that is the main commentary team now. Can deal with Mardle, but Part should be doing the afternoon games and thats it. Same with Webster.

Edited by Dai

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Dai said:

Speaking of awful and muting, the Mardle/Part combination is terrible. Not sure how that is the main commentary team now. Can deal with Mardle, but Part should be doing the afternoon games and thats it. Same with Webster.

I’d rather Part was on with Webster but Mardle is much better when he’s with Part IMO. Put Mardle with that giggling idiot Turner or put either him or Part with Pearson/Pyke and it’s an instant mute. Darts commentary on a whole is dire from Sky to ITV. But Part is solid. And Mardle gets a pass tonight for the Hankey devil reference.

No one is as bad as Adam Smith though. An assault on the ears. Fuck off back to boxing. 

• Moderators

I used to really enjoy Bobby George on BBC as a pundit. Once you get past the trebles for show doubles for dough and other clichés nonsense, he shown a real insight into the game. Especially use of gamesmanship between the players and such

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
On 12/31/2021 at 5:29 PM, TheBurningRed said:

Mardle referenced this in the final - Peter needed 25 for the checkout “Can he take out the devil’s finish?” 

Wright takes it. “Who’s in charge? He is.”

Brilliant tournament - Snakebite was fantastic but I felt for Smith. 

Agree on the crowd - a lot of those chants are getting a bit old hat now. The question is where would you move it to, if UK based? Possibly one of the Premier League venues or even abroad? 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I used to really enjoy Bobby George on BBC as a pundit. Once you get past the trebles for show doubles for dough and other clichés nonsense, he shown a real insight into the game. Especially use of gamesmanship between the players and such

I think he’s going to be involved in some capacity as a pundit or commentator for the seniors tournament.

2 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Agree on the crowd - a lot of those chants are getting a bit old hat now. The question is where would you move it to, if UK based? Possibly one of the Premier League venues or even abroad? 

Bring back the Circus Tavern and the quiet respectful crowd which made it even more tense. 

I could see the venue they use in Rotterdam for the premier league as a possibility. That seems to be one of the best. 

Saw loads of people moaning about the fans and their behaviour on twitter saying they were there for the first time and it ruined it for them.

The main question I had was I assume they had watched the PDC on TV prior to going and if they had what exactly were they expecting? Its always full of drunk and irritating bell ends.

The PDC and representatives coming out and moaning about the booing and crowd antics have an absolute brass neck. They've created that entire situation and promoted it on numerous occasions. I also didn't see much dissuasion from them when people were booing everyone who played Sherrock last year nor previously when they've focused masses of boo's on players such as Justin Pipe.

They only care so much now as the primary target of the boos is Gerwyn Price who largely gets booed not for being Welsh...but for seeming to be and behaving like a very dislikeable, colossal bell end.

I didn't hear many if any boo's for Clayton, Anderson, Wright, Borland, Soutar, De Sousa, Clemens, Noppert, Heta, Gurney amongst others.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

• Paid Members

It’s not just English fans either. The German fans are just as bad on the Euro tour. Max Hopp wouldn’t have won the German darts open in 2018 if it wasn’t for the home fans booing all his opponents. The last 3 being Englishmen in Cullen, Cross and Smith. It’s just when the European fans come over to the Worlds, it balances it out a bit. But there’s always going to be dickhead fans. 

The likes of Stuart Pyke pleading with fans to not boo and going on a mini rant during comms was never going to get anywhere either. Because they all love the drama it brings with missed doubles etc 

Price makes me laugh with his reactions to the booing. If he wins, he says the boos drive him on and they should do it more. When he loses, he says the fans booing him put him off. He’s the biggest cunt going. He never accepts he lost fair and square. Always an excuse about the fans or something his opponent might have done that he’s imagined. He deserves the reaction he gets. 

52 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

I didn't hear many if any boo's for Clayton, Anderson, Wright, Borland, Soutar, De Sousa, Clemens, Noppert, Heta, Gurney amongst others.

I didn’t see his first game against Portela but Soutar got booed relentlessly against Mensur, De Sousa and Rydz. Especially on doubles. All from the anti Scottish mob which had taken over the venue. Heta got booed heavily on his walk on and going for doubles against Woodhouse. He played up to it a lot though and seemed to enjoy it. Anderson did against Humphries at times. Gurney did against Evans then tried to win them over during the singalong at the end. But he gets booed a lot now as he’s a miserable fucker on stage. 

Anyone here used the 8 Flight moulded flight system before? If so, how were they for you? Debating getting a set but unsure if the weight difference in them will be dramatic and alter the balance of my throw. Going through tons of flights lately whenever the darts are grouped and they are just getting torn to shreds. 

• Paid Members

My teammate uses them and they seem decent enough that I’m gonna order a set myself. Where are you getting your flights from currently? I used to use red dragon but their quality is poor and they got torn up very quickly. I’ve found better quality and get more wear with targets flights. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

Yeah, it's been Red Dragon for myself too, though for sure the quality has took a nosedive the past year or so. Took some Winmau Prism flights from the wife and they seem to have a little more life than the RD sets but still nothing outstanding. Will add some of Target's flights on the 8 Flight order as getting them from Target's site anyway. Quite like the idea of the spin shafts from 8, clever idea for sure if it helps reduce any bounceouts or damage when grouped tightly.

Edited by FailedPromoter

We’ve gone on opening night for about the last 5 years and without a doubt the most irritating chanting this year was the damn ‘Scotland get battered’ shite, but I also despise it as it seems to pop up at pretty much every non league game I’ve been at this season as well ‘Oxford get battered everywhere they go’ etc, generic irritating shite