Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

Easily the best session for me tonight. Also notable for the rest of my darts team watching it here kicking off at Wayne Mardle on commentary as he's won as much as we have. 

 

Also, I'm going to whinge about media representation of the Beaton Sherrock tussle. The print media websites are all saying Beaton played above expectations and he was a lucky boy. For anyone to play at his high level for as many years as he has and is honoured enough to have shared an hotel with Houchen was never going to lose. 

 

Sherrock not a bad player at all, but to write off one of the finest players of the last three decades is a joke. One of the two has a tour card, for a start. 

Edited by PowerButchi
  • Paid Members
Posted

Sherrock played really well. She’s a great stage player. I don’t think she would do as well on the floor. The women’s series averages and Q School before proved otherwise. Sky have done a great job promoting her, but also to the point where everyone’s becoming sick of her. Commentary bias doesn’t help. They must all be gutted. 

Beaton has had a bad year and this was his finest performance for a long time. I did want to see Kim Huybrechts reacting and playing up to the pro Fallon crowd though.

But the fans booing Beaton got what they deserved. He’s a legend. Not like shaky Ted Evetts and boring Mensur from a couple of years ago when no one really cared if they lost. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

But the fans booing Beaton got what they deserved.

As I said on Twitter, I hope he shags their partners. 

  • Moderators
Posted
5 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

.Commentary bias doesn’t help. They must all be gutted. 

 

Wayne Mardle: Unfortunately Fallon lost. 

 

Awful. They should put Steve in the Premier League. Nailing around Europe. 

  • Moderators
Posted

In other news, where did Clayton find that quality in the last set? I'm biased as I have money on him, but for me he's the man to beat this year. Had a fantastic season. 

 

 

  • Moderators
Posted
Just now, TheBurningRed said:

They will still find a way to talk about her. 

He should be in the premier league. He’s just won against the best player in the world. Crown him king and queen of the palace. 

If Smelly John Henderson can be a contender, they should have a show at Coventry Skydome where Sexy Steve plays Peter Wright, beats him like Ike did Tina, then has a laser show as he fucks every woman in there on stage, with a grand finale of him putting Trina Gulliver back on solids. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Steve Lennon was a contender ffs. Charisma vacuum. 

I agree about Clayton being the man to beat. Had a great year. Shame 3 of the events weren’t for ranking money. But he’s been great on the pro tour and one of the best to watch. And he’s the same side of the draw as Price who he’s already beat in set play once this year. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I reckon she'll be in the Premier League and has the capability to qualify for a tour card via Q school - but as its already been pointed out, she's not that great at floor events which basically what Q school is.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’ve got mixed feelings on her being in the premier league. Obviously it’s just a glorified exhibition so it doesn’t matter about her taking someone’s place when ranking money isn’t at stake. But there’s other players who have been waiting or deserve it more based on the year they’ve had. 

But if it upsets Michael Smith after his pathetic comments about the premier league last year, and his pathetic comments in general, I’m all for it. And I’d hope she’d win so she wins a tv title before he does. 

Posted (edited)
On 12/20/2021 at 12:14 AM, PowerButchi said:

If Smelly John Henderson can be a contender

John Henderson is an absolute gentleman and for the record smells great.

I won't have any big John bullying or wrongful assumptions.

Lewy Williams on this afternoon nicknamed The Prince Of Wales.

Richie Burnett wants his gimmick back brother.

Edited by Jonny Vegas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...