Official Darts Thread

Dai

25 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Darts is our national sport, I've decided.

Not surprised if the PDC are praying for a Barnie comeback, a bit low on big names right now.

Rob Cross is still dining out on that Championship win isn't he? Its like how Greece were still seeded for everything 10 years on from shithousing their way through Euro 2004, despite being total dogshit.

He’s still the 4th best player in the world over the last 2 years. He had a BIG 2019 but he’s been pretty poor this year. Gerwyn Price aside I’m not sure anyone’s had a great year this year. 

• Paid Members

Cross will have that matchplay and European wins coming off the rankings this year. I think the UK open final as well. He’s looking at dropping out the top 32. It’s bollocks the premier league has that top 4 rule as he’s been so bad and looks to have the start of dartitis. 

5 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

Gerwyn Price aside I’m not sure anyone’s had a great year this year

I think Van den Bergh is top 3? in terms of ranking money earned this year. He’s had a good year. De Sousa has had a great year though. I’d put him as the second best after Price. 

Price at times looks like he can’t miss anything. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• Paid Members

He’s really dragging players down with his game and just becoming a chore to watch. I think it was the euros win over Price, his game was so poor that Prices average dropped well below 90.

Best he’s looked since the worlds winning tournament was the matchplay games against Gurney and Smith but was unremarkable the previous rounds.

He’s changed darts a few times as well with different grips and grooves which isn’t going to help when you’re struggling as it is. Mardle has been helping Devon out this year and it’s worked. Cross should go see him. Might keep that elbow straight then. 

13 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Cross will have that matchplay and European wins coming off the rankings this year. I think the UK open final as well. He’s looking at dropping out the top 32. It’s bollocks the premier league has that top 4 rule as he’s been so bad and looks to have the start of dartitis. 

Cross is 25th on the one year rankings, he's going to plummet this year unless he sees a dramatic upturn in form and is able to defend a fair chunk of the money from his two tournament wins.

https://www.dartsrankings.com/yeartodate

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

Cross is 25th on the one year rankings, he's going to plummet this year unless he sees a dramatic upturn in form and is able to defend a fair chunk of the money from his two tournament wins.

https://www.dartsrankings.com/yeartodate

I think I saw someone say he could be 37th by the end of the worlds next year with money lost. It’s not even the big events. He’s terrible on the floor events most of the time. He’s had one good run this year. Never seen someone get to the top so quick and decline just as quickly. Still has more bottle than Smith though. 

The decline of Adrian Lewis there. 36 on the one year ranking, 24 on the order of merit. I genuinely think he will drop further and will lost his tour card in the next few years. He’s finished.    

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, TheBurningRed said:

The decline of Adrian Lewis there. 36 on the one year ranking, 24 on the order of merit. I genuinely think he will drop further and will lost his tour card in the next few years. He’s finished.    

He did show flashes of brilliance even in his defeat to Danny Baggish though. I wouldn't rule him out yet, he's barely in his mid 30's.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

He did show flashes of brilliance even in his defeat to Danny Baggish though. I wouldn't rule him out yet, he's barely in his mid 30's.

But that’s the story of Lewis the past few years. He’ll show flashes of old form for a few legs and then go back to being rubbish. He went from having the best throw in the game to it been all over the place or dragging to low. He loses to some of the worst players on the tour, he’s seemingly given up on himself despite saying he still has the hunger.

Tbh, I think he peaked too early in his career. He’ll never get back to how he was. And there are far better players below him in the rankings who are emerging as great players that will blitz past him 

• 4 weeks later...