Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members

Saturday session should be good. Women’s and youth final should be close. Hoping Keane Barry wins as he’s a very exciting prospect. Just needs to slow it down just that little bit. Expect Suzuki to win as well. 

Final has to be Williams vs Mitchell. And for everyone saying it’s Williams year, I can’t see past Mitchell losing to anyone.  Has looked the more convincing winner throughout. 

• Moderators

Shit house Bennett will piss the youth final. 

Scott Mitchell as world champion again will get me drinking dettol. Mind you, Farmboy is going to Q school this year by all accounts. So I kind of hope he does go all the way and doesn't get a card. 

• Paid Members

He’s a horrible little shit. Thought he was going to cry when they posed for that photo at the end. He legged it off stage soon after. He needs to be more like Keane. He weren’t celebrating every visit of a 100 or over. Stayed calm and focused throughout. Hopefully people can stop talking about Leighton so much now and talk about Keane Barry more as the big prospect of youth darts. Hope he does well in Q School. 

Is the Williams vs Mario match still going on?

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

Good final and happy for Warren as you could tell what it meant to him.  Could've done without the lingering shots of his arse crack though (on more than one occasion!) as he was bending over the stage to celebrate with his family.  Suzuki looked utterly perplexed at the celebrations.

Did you notice the unnervingly long shot of the MC and the failure to show the Olly Croft tribute? Fucking hell.

• Paid Members

Jim Williams just couldn’t get a good rhythm going after that break. Well done to Warren though. He’s played solid all week. Both would’ve made a fantasy BDO premier league. 

I switched off, take it no big cheque was handed over the winners prize money?

• Moderators

They used last year's trophies replica for the ladies and youth. 

Looking forward to the BDO probably dissolving tomorrow. The Jacklin's have finally killed it. All of a sudden Barry Hearn's "derisory" offer a few years ago has turned into what could have been a voucher from the Citizens Advice for the food bank and live a little longer. 

The reality is now that the BDO serves no purpose. European tours feom the PDC. A development and challenge tour for domestic players - which BDO youth champion Keane Barry has came through and played in two world championships in 4 weeks. And the biggest slap was the WDF, which was pretty much an arm of the BDO, telling the BDO to go fuck! I've not seen a Maroon Blazer all week, and those were the servants who allowed me to play Superleague regionally and Houchen to play County darts. But the county game is shocking at the moment, and it's the same BDO "stalwarts" which are on the piss aorund european tournatments spunking money acting like it's carry on abroad and having to pay for ranking points. But while Big Jobbo makes TV every year due to playing in the Beirut Open (Coach trip available) he can afford it through exbos.

As it stands, grass roots darts will always look after itself, while people throw darts in an alehouse the grassroots will survive - but the "conveyor belt" is long dead. And so must be the BDO.  It died with (for all his sins) Olly Croft. 

Edited by PowerButchi

For me it's a shame if the BDO is done now. It doesn't matter to me who run's it or who's in charge. 

I enjoyed the entire tournament and wasn't anywhere near as offended by even the worst players in the women's tournament as some people seemed to be.

I will really miss the BDO world champs.

Of course darts will be fine but the BDO still served a purpose even now in my opinion and if their tournaments were badly organised and under funded then imagine what the top non PDC one's will be like now.

It would be great if they were somehow able to take it back to being the amateur world championships or something with the same mix of ex professionals, county players and up and comers but not under the guise of it being anywhere near the same thing as the PDC.

Just now, garynysmon said:

Apparently Wayne Warren will only get ÂŁ23k now.

Its reached the stage where I'm dubious he'll even receive that.

I know he was all about being World champion and the trophy at the time, but in the cold light of day it must be absolutely soul destroying realizing that, at most, he's getting practically a quarter of what last year's winner won.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

I know he was all about being World champion and the trophy at the time, but in the cold light of day it must be absolutely soul destroying realizing that, at most, he's getting practically a quarter of what last year's winner won.

Less than was Sherrock got for winning two matches at the PDC.