Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Decent standard of match so far for the BDO this game. Was expecting it to be terrible. 

You wait until Paula Jacklin plays. The place will be packed out.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I can't stand Harms and his fucking medalions. So BDO.

There are genuinely more people watching the annual Gwynedd Open at my local working men's club than are in the Indigigo this afternoon

Edited by garynysmon
Posted (edited)
Just now, garynysmon said:

You wait until Paula Jacklin plays. The place will be packed out.

You mean Paula "Kickass" Jacklin to include her nickname.  A woman who has won a total of five LEGS in her previous four appearances at the Worlds.

This afternoon was the first time I got to see some of this, didn't take long to spot that Belgian fool with the hat there.  I just found the whole thing pretty disheartening.  

Tonight's session looks really good, Wolfie vs Waites, Andy Hamilton, Mikuru Suzuki and Paul Hogan (who I think is a quality player and should've been Durrant a couple of years back until choking big time) and if it's dead for this there's no hope for them.

Edited by Magnum Milano
  • Moderators
Posted

Paul Hogan is cracking. Love it when he turns up at the UK Open and scalps fuckers. I read somewhere he makes so much just going to pub opens with 500 pound prizes on weekends it's meant he doesn't have to worry about going pro. 

Posted
Just now, TheBurningRed said:

That’s the gorgeous Maria O’Brien. Her and Big John Henderson would make quite the power couple. 

Somehow I doubt Big Hendo is her type!

Good stuff between her and Suzuki with Mikuru having to up her game to come back from one set down.  O'Brien has got a nice throwing action too.

First game was a bit of a chore, Hamilton at 2/20 at one point on his doubles, although he did hit a lovely 150 (T19, T19, D18) outshot that seemed to bring him to life.

Crowd seems better than last night, just hoping they all stick around after the Wolfie/Waites match.  Howl!!!! 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Ha! No I don’t think he is.

Crowd is a lot better tonight. And while not really loud, it’s probably the most active bunch they’ve had in since Saturday. Especially giving a lot of love to Wolfie. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

As much as I've been taking the piss, I've watched more of the BDO championships already than I did of the PDC version.

Although miles behind in terms of quality, I do get bored of the same old faces in the PDC and I probably get more enjoyment out of laughing at the BDO production and sparse crowds than Sky's WWE-like slick presentation style and knobs singing "boring tables" for two hours. I'd be gutted if this was their last WC.

Edited by garynysmon
Posted
Just now, garynysmon said:

Although miles behind in terms of quality, I do get bored of the same old faces in the PDC and I probably get more enjoyment out of laughing at the BDO production and sparse crowds than Sky's WWE-like slick presentation style and knobs singing "boring tables" for two hours. I'd be gutted if this was their last WC.

Wonderful production like this.  That's harsh even for Maria!

63381c7c71e7058bc4b7421c3df67397.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...