Official Darts Thread

Dai

19 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

It's either him or Ross Montgomery.  I always wondered what Monty would do should he ever qualify for the Grand Slam.  Would he do a Wolfie (until later down the line) and turn down the offer or would he go back on everything he said and take Hearn's money?  Sadly he was never in the position, and doubt he ever will be now, that we'll never find out.

Montgomery qualified and competed in the Grand Slam in 2017. He didn't make it out of the group stage. He actually seemed to enjoy the experience, and even considered going to Q School a few months later. 

He's a groping cunt though. He was the guilty party here - https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/15/tv-presenter-helen-skelton-reveals-she-was-groped-on-air?CMP=twt_gu&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by jimufctna24

I have zero recollection of him in the Grand Slam at all for some reason, but can remember the like of Shaun Greatbatch, Pecker Woods and the 'Excellent Dude' Niels de Ruieter all playing crystal clear.

That Skelton story does ring a vague bell, again no idea Monty was the guilty party and surprised I haven't seen it mentioned more often on the Darts forum considering how much they love to slate the guy on there, plus Taylor and his camper van antics are still a regular source of amusement/knocking for some.

• Paid Members

Paula Jacklin - fucking hell. Took a life time to get on stage as she was soaking it all in and shaking hands and kissing everyone like she’s the MVG of women’s darts. She miraculously hits a 180 at one point, but fails to get a shot at double in a 6-0 thrashing and she also tripped up walking back from retrieving her darts. Averaged 62. Diabolical stuff.

I haven't played in a couple of years but I genuinely think with one hours practice I could beat Paula.  Not even getting a shot at a double is embarrassing.  

Maybe she should concentrate more on her darts as opposed to threatening people.  Somehow I can't imagine Mrs Hearn behaving like this!

"You're fucking having it!"

.  .

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Magnum Milano said:

I haven't played in a couple of years but I genuinely think with one hours practice I could beat Paula.  Not even getting a shot at a double is embarrassing.  

I had to laugh when Jacklin was left with 4, but Lisa Ashton just took out the bullseye to deny her even the chance!

• Paid Members

John Rawling is a vanity searcher. Good thing I didn’t call him a shit commentator like I’ve thought of him the past two darts events

21 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

That’s terrible. Imagine seeing a potential £50,000 winning prize reduced by £27,000. Less than Fallon got for going out in the third round. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

That’s terrible. Imagine seeing a potential £50,000 winning prize reduced by £27,000. Less than Fallon got for going out in the third round. 

It gets worse. In this piece the Beeb posted this morning apparently the Women's winner purse got cut from £20k to £8k, citing that as the reason Fallon didn't participate. I am typing this while making over twice that.

Either the BDO's going through some underground metamorphosis or it's going into the dirt soon. Some of the 'fan' behaviour in this thread underlines the notion that some/most of these mugs are just there to be seen on TV getting sloshed.

Edited by seph