Official Darts Thread

Dai

'Big Jobbo' Gary Robson pratting around on a Segway and falling face first into a table and breaking his nose prior to the tournament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25NfVEVBjec

There used to be an interview of a drunken Wolfie being interviewed live on the BBC with Colin Murray and Bob.  I think he'd been on first in the afternoon, then after the win had  been in the bar for a few hours, by the time they get round to having a word with him he's leathered and badly slurring his words.  I've tried looking but it looks to have been deleted from YouTube now.

• Paid Members

Gary Robson is the ultimate BDO player isn't he? I remember being mindblown watching him play at the GSOD on Sky.

It felt like worlds colliding and akin to when Buff Bagwell turned up on Raw for 15 mins.

Screenshot 2020-01-07 at 11.15.41.png

Edited by garynysmon

15 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Gary Robson is the ultimate BDO player isn't he? I remember being mindblown watching him play at the GSOD on Sky.

It felt that worlds colliding and akin to when Buff Bagwell turned up on Raw for 15 mins.

It's either him or Ross Montgomery.  I always wondered what Monty would do should he ever qualify for the Grand Slam.  Would he do a Wolfie (until later down the line) and turn down the offer or would he go back on everything he said and take Hearn's money?  Sadly he was never in the position, and doubt he ever will be now, that we'll never find out.

Here is Monty in all his finest, no doubt prior to a regulation first round exit for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMAnzU9sNRA

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

It's either him or Ross Montgomery.  I always wondered what Monty would do should he ever qualify for the Grand Slam.  Would he do a Wolfie (until later down the line) and turn down the offer or would he go back on everything he said and take Hearn's money?  Sadly he was never in the position, and doubt he ever will be now, that we'll never find out.

Wolfie was a funny one. Refusing, what was it, four GSOD invites? And then he suddenly turned up, totally embraced the whole thing and seemed to have a whale of a time and gave a good account of himself with even the PDC crowd lapping it up.

"The Boss" seems to have been a bit more critical of the BDO over recent years, so if I had to guess I'd imagine he'd take up the offer.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Missed a 9 darter by about 4mm.

There was a few close chances of one at the PDC worlds this year, Darren Webster in particular, but it would’ve been hilarious if the BDO had got one over the PDC considering the difference in talent and what we’ve seen so far. Paul Hogan to win it all. 

Just now, TheBurningRed said:

Tonight should be interesting. Paula should get a hiding. And seeing how Leighton gets on. He’s a horrible little shit, but a fantastic talent. 

Yeah, looking forward to Mitchell's gamesmanship and slow retrieving of his darts against a fourteen year old kid.

I've only seen Bennett in last year's Youth final and from clips on YouTube but he comes across as incredibly unlikable and for all his talent, no-one seems to have a good word to sat about him.

• Paid Members

Martin Adams did an interview last year where he commented on Bennett’s attitude and being a very sore loser. I think he bit his tongue and probably had more to say.

We have a 16 year old in our dart team as he’s the captains son. He plays county youth and frequently comes across Leighton. He said what you see is what you get. Unlikable and mouthy. Pisses everyone off. Partly, you can’t blame him for being cocky. All that talent at his age and making money. At the same time, someone needs to have a word because he’s alienating himself from a lot of people with his behaviour. 

Edited by TheBurningRed