Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Harms, Waites and Lisa Ashton getting their PDC tour cards is not going to help BDO in their fight to stay in existence.

Whether or not Harms and Waites flatter to deceive on the bigger BDO stages the two of them and Ashton were still three of their biggest names.

Andy Hamilton and Nick Kenny both got one too.

I'm shocked Andy Hamilton got one, I wasn't too impressed with his showing at the BDO champs tbh.

Waites will be a loss to the BDO, another 'core guy' gone but will anyone miss Wesley Harms?!

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

See it even on the big stages with seasoned professionals. On the floor events that are non televised they're capable of beating anyone on their day but once they come out of their comfort zone suddenly they just don't have the composure. Particularly on the doubles. 

Ian White syndrome. Something Krzysztof Ratajski is experiencing too.

31 minutes ago, Stylin_and_Profilin said:

There are two brothers in my local league who were asbolutely miles ahead of the pack, even the guys who have been mainstays on the Monday night league for 20+ years (and the standard there is decent, the majority of guys are out in <18 pretty much every leg) admit they are the best they've seen at that level. Both are still early 20's and no commitments in terms of family and nothing spectacular holding them back in terms of a career so they are constantly being nudged towards it by the 'regulars' for the last two or three years but neither has went for it. Must be hundreds of folk like that across the UK.

Yeah we’ve got quite a few like that. But no one wants to try and take that next step. Happy with pub league and county. There is one guy who will never be anything more than a good pub player who thinks he’s basically a pro because he went to Q School twice. Anyone can go if you’ve got the funds. He hasn’t won a single match there and thinks the uk open qualifiers are beneath him as he wants to go straight to the top with a tour card.

I’m hoping to go next year, but definitely will the year after if I don’t next January. Just need to get my averages up as I won’t get far with what I have right now. 

On the topic of Q school, saw this interesting wee bit on live darts feed (x 2).

Across the entire week, 75 averages of below 50 were recorded and dozens more failed to average above 60.

A total of 238 players failed to register at a single point (equating to consecutive wins) at UK Q School, while 87 failed to put a point on the board at European Q School

The open draw, however, can also work in a player’s favour. Take Aaron Beeney for example, who averaged less than 89 in all eight of his matches en route to gaining a Tour Card and did not face a single Tour Card holder from the past five years.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• 8 months later...

Some of this is very near the knuckle and bordering on tasteless (so if you're easily offended I'd say don't click on the link), however it made me, in true Wolfie style, belly laugh on plenty of occasions whilst scrolling through the thread (the Ross, Bob posts are the best stuff).

Martin Adams laughs at history...

Edited by Magnum Milano

34 minutes ago, Magnum Milano said:

Some of this is very near the knuckle and bordering on tasteless (so if you're easily offended I'd say don't click on the link), however it made me, in true Wolfie style, belly laugh on plenty of occasions whilst scrolling through the thread (the Ross, Bob posts are the best stuff).

Martin Adams laughs at history...

Bob has a talent for it. 

Randall's photoshops are fucking dire, bless him. 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone been watching the Darts over Christmas? Must say that the lack of numbskulls in the crowd is making it more rather than less watchable.

Not sure how many more "Kolo/Yaya" and "Boring, boring, tables" chants I could take. Surprisied that Sky haven't piped them in.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Anyone been watching the Darts over Christmas? Must say that the lack of numbskulls in the crows is making it more rather than less watchable.

Not sure how many more "Kolo/Yaya" and "Boring, boring, tables" chants I could take. Surprisied that Sky haven't piped them in.

Darts is basically all I watch haha. Not enough people talk about it on here so I’ve been over on the dart forum. 

The crowd noise has been a bit shit though as they’ve included whistles piped in which has put off a few players going for crucial doubles. Like Lauby Jr going for D7 against Searle. I guess they wanted to keep it more realistic. 

It’s been a good standard though. It’s MVGs now after he got away with it against Cullen last night. 

• Paid Members

I’d love Ando to win it again. He’s just gotten by the past two games. Hard to call if Dirks got enough to beat him though. 

At least all your old BDO favourites will be back in some capacity in the WDF next year. Hopefully some channel gets the rights to air their tournaments. We don’t always want to see quality darts. We want to see Laura Turner throw the first dart of a match over the D1. 

• Paid Members

Fuck Ross the Boss though.

1 hour ago, TheBurningRed said:

The crowd noise has been a bit shit though as they’ve included whistles piped in which has put off a few players going for crucial doubles. Like Lauby Jr going for D7 against Searle. I guess they wanted to keep it more realistic.

I thought the piped in noise was only for the TV audience? Heard a few players talk about how quiet it is in the venue.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

Fuck Ross the Boss though.

I thought the piped in noise was only for the TV audience? Heard a few players talk about how quiet it is in the venue.

No the players can hear. Gurney was moaning after the match with O’Connor and saying the audio person doesn’t want to bump into him after playing the “oooh” noise as he was either throwing his second dart or after he threw it when he was already struggling to finish. I think even the comms mentioned Lauby was put off the double by the fake noise. You can see some players react when the “wrong noise” gets piped in  

Merv finally put his earplugs in tonight. But I think that was more because of Price and his roaring. 

Here’s an article about the Lauby incident 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dartsnews.com/pdc/sky-sports-offers-apology-to-lauby-after-bad-timed-mistake-with-crowd-noise/amp

Edited by TheBurningRed