Official Darts Thread

Dai

On 12/20/2021 at 10:31 AM, garynysmon said:

I reckon she'll be in the Premier League and has the capability to qualify for a tour card via Q school - but as its already been pointed out, she's not that great at floor events which basically what Q school is.

I think she deserves a place in the Premier League. Her marketability is undeniable. If it gets more people playing darts than otherwise would that's a very good thing. Our leagues around here are losing teams and players all over the place. Our local Superleague is now a massive joke too, players throwing 18 averages winning games, not just the odd leg. There must be some really decent players out there who could really improve local leagues and by association the players involved. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, stewdogg said:

I think she deserves a place in the Premier League. Her marketability is undeniable.

For marketability she’ll be in. But I wouldn’t say she deserves a place. She did well in the women’s series but there’s only 3 really good women’s players currently. She had a great Grand Slam. But those two things shouldn’t be the criteria and you can get why the other players who have worked hard all year will be frustrated if they’re to lose a place and good money to someone who’s won 3 matches at an event. But she will definitely be Skys wildcard pick. And like I said, I’d take her over Michael Smith so he can cry again. 

PDC selected her for the World Series events which got cancelled the past couple of years because of Covid. I think they were more right for her than the premier league. Maybe they should wait for the 10th spot like last year and see how she does at Q School. 

• Paid Members

I’ve seen a lot of first to 3 sets matches go all the way to sudden death and last nearly an hour and a half and be thrillers. Mensur vs Soutar was not. An absolute slog of a game. But thankfully Soutar won and put that bore out. 

Real shit crowd this year. They hate anyone who’s not English, but seem to really hate anyone Scottish not named Gary Anderson (Wright doesn’t count as a Scot imo). Soutar was put off by a lot of whistling and even Heta looked put off during a couple of throws at the doubles. They’re gonna be torn tonight though when Barney faces water boy. 

• Paid Members

Gutted as I wanted Clayton to go all the way. Plus he’d definitely beat Price more than Smith would. 

Smith is a divvy Tory wanker, but that was a great performance from him. Didn’t act the crybaby when it wasn’t going away. Maybe his mentality has changed. 

Rooting for Gando or Searle now. 

• Moderators

Gutted Clayton lost. Hate Smith anyway, so I'm all aboard the Gary Anderson express now. Although his counting in the first set was sub infant school level. Him or Cliff Lazarenko anyway. Wouldn't mind Price winning either just for the glorious tears that'll be shed in the Ally Pally by the Engurlund clientèle which has been so vocal this year. How do you boo Jonny Clayton? One of the most inoffensive people in darts. I would get behind Ryan Searle but he looks like he smells and still frequents rock clubs. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

I would get behind Ryan Searle but he looks like he smells and still frequents rock clubs. 

Yeah he does look stinky. But he’s got a lovely throw and is a joy to watch in that regards. He needs to working on doubles other than tops because he’s missing them too much and just about getting away with it. Practicing with Gando won’t do him no harm.

I’d love to get behind Price. He is a fantastic player. One of the best for set up play. But the man is such a wanker. And one of the worst losers going as he always make an excuse. I’m still fuming Huybrechts didn’t finish him off. I’m torn with who I want to win between him and Smith. But if both are on form, it’s going to be a cracking game that will hopefully go to sudden death. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Yeah he does look stinky. But he’s got a lovely throw and is a joy to watch in that regards. 

For me the nicest smoothest action is the UKFF's favourite player Steve Beaton. Fair play to my brother for getting me these bad boys for Christmas.

I haven't tried them out yet as pubs are on table service, so dartboards are out of order, but I bet they smell of 30 plus years of fanny. The fact he's a driving instructor in the day is ideal. He's slapping away to the onions in both jobs. 

It's a bit shit that a 50odd quid set of darts came without a case though. Red Dragon throw a great tri fold in if you spend about a tenner on their darts. 

What does everyone here usually throw? I like a torpedo with extra shirt stems, from 22-24g. I used to use one from the Red Dragon  amberjacks range which they don't sell anymore and I threw them in to the Brook outside the pub a few years ago after I played horribly. Which is a massive shame as they only cost me about 15 quid but they were easily the best darts I've ever played with. Red Dragon's range is pretty poor now, but a few years ago, their darts were brilliant. The decline probably started with taking Danielle Alfree off the cover of the Catalogue.

So now I use some old darts a team mate gave me. They've gotta be from the 80s I reckon. The barrels are short and fat like a Welsh man's cock, but they're brilliant to use and you can't get darts like that anymore. Torpedo barrels these days are far too slim for my liking. The new Beatons are torpedo design, but it seems a bit long and thin to me, like a Welsh Man's cock. 

16408326139514676976844408218779.jpg

Edited by PowerButchi

Look at the face on the Bronzed Adonis there. He looks pissed off and in the middle of a sweat on, probably because Winmau pulled him away from a shag to get the promo shots done for his range.

I'm the same as you Butch, prefer the older short, fat barrels. Used to have an old set of Andy Fordham's replicas, 25g but short and fat, combined with aluminium stems. No dart I've ever used since then has felt as right. Winmau have come out with a newer set with 4cm barrels that I think I'm gonna give a shot. https://www.reddragondarts.com/winmau-andy-fordham-onyx-25-gram

Also, does anyone use any specific dart lighting units? I've seen a few of them for sale and wondering if anyone has any first hand experience of them. Currently using a spot light but that leaves shadows when playing so looking at alternatives. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

What does everyone here usually throw?

I’m currently using the Stephen Bunting gen 4s with grippy Swiss points. I’ve always got to have points with a lot of grip as I rest my finger on the point. There was a point last year when I was using those for scoring and an old set of Adrian Lewis darts for the finishing as I couldn’t stop switching between the two. But I’ve settled into these ones now. Always go for 22-24g as well.  

I do have a collection of Mervyn Kings old bamboo style darts. With added Harrow sabre points. There was a point when I’d bring two sets of Kings out and a set of Gary Anderson’s for match night. Worse than Peter Wright for tinkering about with darts.  

7 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Red Dragon's range is pretty poor now

I’ve gone right off Red Dragon. Got a lovely set of their darts and used them for everything else for set ups. But their stems are shite and snap so easily. Their flights aren’t much better. I’ve switched all my stuff to Target now. 

18 minutes ago, FailedPromoter said:

Also, does anyone use any specific dart lighting units?

I use the corona lighting system. It’s probably the best one out there. Although one of the magnets has fallen out twice and I’ve had to superglue it back in. But it’s the one we also use for our pub team and a few other teams use it too. 

Edited by TheBurningRed