Official Darts Thread

Dai

• Paid Members

First day of Stage 1 Q School tomorrow, taking place in Milton Keynes and Kalkar Germany. John Part and Kevin Painter both in action at Milton Keynes, but it's not until later in the week that the tour cards are handed out. I like picking out 3 players I know nothing about in each event just to have something to follow. This year in the British one I've gone Llew Bevan, Ryan Murray and Kai Fan Leung. In the German one I've gone Paul Kalashnikov, Marcel Junk, and Marcel Otter. I think Kalashnikov has a shot. #NotSorry. 

• Paid Members

Had to laugh at the news story that came out this week about WWE reaching out to Luke Littler after he revealed his choice of entrance music was inspired by the WrestleMania he attended several years ago. Only for him, at sixteen years old, to then say that he's grown out of wrestling now! 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Kai Fan Leung

He got a tour card a couple of years ago. I think on the first day. He’s a really good player but hardly played the tour and has been doing WDF stuff since. He’s a good pick. 

A bloke I know from playing darts, who is a massive wanker and only a decent pub player is going to Q School again this week. That’s about £2000 he’s spent now to get absolutely hammered and then not play on the Challenge Tour because “it’s beneath him”. He’s so arrogant about the little talent he has and is convinced he will become a pro. He’s not even good enough for super league. So my enjoyment is going to come from him flopping it again with a low 50 average. Petty I know. 

I think Steve Lennon will get his card back. Devon Petersen won’t after his massive fall from grace. Those are my only two nailed on predictions. Would love John Part back. 

https://www.live-darts.com/pdc-darts-news/q-school/pdc-qualifying-school-2024-entries/

Full list for anyone interested. 

Edited by TheBurningRed

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Had to laugh at the news story that came out this week about WWE reaching out to Luke Littler after he revealed his choice of entrance music was inspired by the WrestleMania he attended several years ago. Only for him, at sixteen years old, to then say that he's grown out of wrestling now! 

A parent of one of our 8yo footballers was giving away some Cody Rhodes merch yesterday because "he's grown out of it". Good lad.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

That was quick. 5-0 loss to Jim McEwan with a 56.42 average. Lovely stuff. 

325th out of 327 on day one averages. Someone averaged 34.1 which I think I could do. I'm not paying £475 to find out though. 

Of my picks. Bevan got straight through to stage 2, Leung got beat in the last 32 and Murray got beat in the last 64 so they come back tomorrow. Don't know about the European one yet. That seems to be running very slowly. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

325th out of 327 on day one averages. Someone averaged 34.1 which I think I could do. I'm not paying £475 to find out though. 

Of my picks. Bevan got straight through to stage 2, Leung got beat in the last 32 and Murray got beat in the last 64 so they come back tomorrow. Don't know about the European one yet. That seems to be running very slowly. 

Haha, I didn’t know he was that low on the averages as well. That’s fantastic. I saw the 34 average. I know for a fact I definitely wouldn’t be the worst player there. If I hadn’t stopped playing consistently I do think I would’ve done alright at Q School. No way would I pay the money now.

Yeah I’m surprised the Euro one is still going on considering they started before us. John Michael is looking good on day one. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, TheBurningRed said:

Haha, I didn’t know he was that low on the averages as well. That’s fantastic. I saw the 34 average. I know for a fact I definitely wouldn’t be the worst player there. If I hadn’t stopped playing consistently I do think I would’ve done alright at Q School. No way would I pay the money now.

Yeah I’m surprised the Euro one is still going on considering they started before us. John Michael is looking good on day one. 

You can look at the averages on Dart Connect. I knew you would appreciate it. The German one could be poor Internet connection. They had trouble last year. They started an hour earlier than here. Pesky European time. 

• Paid Members

On today's instalment of TBR's bellend mate at Q School. He got beat 5-2 with a 66 average. There was some dreadful darts in the his match. He lost a leg that was won in 27 darts. 

The main story of today was that Fallon Sherrock qualified for Stage 2 of Q School as did WDF champion Andy Baetens in the German qualifier. 

• Paid Members

Andy Hamilton did as well 🤢

25 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

On today's instalment of TBR's bellend mate at Q School. He got beat 5-2 with a 66 average. There was some dreadful darts in the his match. He lost a leg that was won in 27 darts. 

Yeah dreadful game. I was watching the scores on my phone while at work. He was 2-0 down and won the next two legs really well. Averaged 99 in one of them. Although he did the classic pub player of going 140, 180, 45. Back to shit. I really thought the comeback was going to be on and I felt sick. Thankfully, he’s shit at the doubles and gets nervy when he hits poor scores. Two more days of him being shit. 

Fallon hit some great averages today. Keeps this up and she might finally get that tour card. 

Max Hopp went from playing really well yesterday but not advancing to losing in his first game today. Doesn’t look good for him. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

One more day. Final stage starts Thursday. He will need a big day as he is 0 points and -8 legs. 

I thought it was four days still. Well that’s good. A wasted trip to Milton Keynes for that prick.