Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Pleased to see Stone Cold Ritchie Edhouse get the win tonight. Wasn’t the best final you’ve ever seen, Wattimena’s doubles fell off a cliff, but Edhouse still took out some big checkouts. 

His performances against Smith and Anderson were hugely impressive. I couldn’t believe he beat Smith, the mentality to hold throw at 9-8 down and then break Smith to win the match, absolutely top notch. He deserved to win the whole thing just for that. And going blow for blow with Anderson on the big scoring was tremendous. 

Gilding beating Littler and then shitting his pants in the next round pissed me off more than it should have, but I did see someone finish on double 17, and if we’re not gonna get a 9 darter, at least we got a 147 in the final. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Edhouse has been really good this year on the pro tour. Good averages, getting far. Good on John Simm from Wish. He was the only one out of the last four I wanted to see win as I don’t care for the others. We’re in full dart season now. Players Championship Finals and Grand Slam coming up next month before the Worlds.

Not posted in here for a while but Leighton Bennett got suspended back in August for allegedly match fixing/suspicious betting activity in a Modus tournament back in September of last year. There’s footage on here where it’s obvious something dodgy is going on.

 

Posted

Well please for Richie, I played in a singles summer league with him a few years back when he lived a bit more local. A really humble guy, but also gave me the worst beating I've ever had on a dartboard, he beat me 4-0. Started with a 10 darter which he finished on the bull and I think his worst leg was 15 darts or something silly. He and his partner are such darts people, will always offer to buy a drink and are so supportive of everyone.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Incredible semi final between Little and Anderson. So glad it went to a final leg. Was happy if either man won. The winner of the tournament should be coming from that match (Sorry Lukeman). 

Little is a very special talent. His treble hitting was out of this world at times. Outrageous finish going T10 D10 on 50 left. Not something you see much, or ever. He doesn’t feel any pressure. Give it a couple more years and will dominate the majors like Taylor. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
7 hours ago, TheBurningRed said:

Incredible semi final between Little and Anderson. So glad it went to a final leg. Was happy if either man won. The winner of the tournament should be coming from that match (Sorry Lukeman). 

Little is a very special talent. His treble hitting was out of this world at times. Outrageous finish going T10 D10 on 50 left. Not something you see much, or ever. He doesn’t feel any pressure. Give it a couple more years and will dominate the majors like Taylor. 

That was an amazing match, such high quality, and should have been the final. I’ve watched Littler a lot this year and sometimes his doubling has been suspect, but his scoring lets him get away with it. That wasn’t the case this week, his finishing was shit hot. 

Anderson played so brilliantly right up until the last couple of legs, I felt for him, but those consecutive 180s from Littler in the 30th leg were just beyond words to give him a chance to take it to a decider. Brilliant. 

Shame the final was such a damp sausage. 

 

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Posted

Nice. Enjoy mate. It’s good when you luck out like that. I booked a random night and got to see MVG, Beaton and Wade.

A real changing of the guard happening in the PDC. Steve Beaton has retired and unfortunately didn’t make a final Worlds. Vincent Van Der Voort and Mervyn King have lost their tour cards. Although Merv has an outside chance of keeping it as he’s first reserve if anyone is to drop out of the tournament before it begins. Simon Whitlock will lose his tour card if Wesley Plaiser wins his first round game at the Worlds. 

 

On 1/4/2021 at 12:08 PM, TheBurningRed said:

The decline of Adrian Lewis there. 36 on the one year ranking, 24 on the order of merit. I genuinely think he will drop further and will lost his tour card in the next few years. He’s finished.    

Humble brag here of my prediction. He’s lost his tour card but has technically handed it back as he didn’t play any events this year. I believe he’s going to be playing in Modus to try and rebuild his career but I think he’s too far gone. As I said at the time, he peaked way too early. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

You'd expect Plaisier to win and from what I have heard from Matt Edgar's channel Whitlock will go to Q- School. As for Lewis I think he'd had enough of the PDC grind. There are other options now other than the PDC and if Lewis is going to find his mojo again I don't think it will be playing floor tournaments at the Barnsley Metrodome. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Whitlock definitely will. But he’ll play anywhere no matter what. His son is playing WDF and Modus events now. 

I’m not sure on Aidy. I think he’d even struggle a bit in Modus and WDF. The standard is so good now. He’s still got it in waves but I just can’t see him getting over the line. It’s a shame. At his peak, had the most beautiful throw I’d seen. So natural. And my favourite match is still his semi final win at the Matchplay against MVG. I wish he could’ve stayed at the top because he was joy to watch. Even if he was dripping with sweat most of the time. 

Posted
On 10/28/2024 at 8:45 AM, TheBurningRed said:

Not posted in here for a while but Leighton Bennett got suspended back in August for allegedly match fixing/suspicious betting activity in a Modus tournament back in September of last year. There’s footage on here where it’s obvious something dodgy is going on.

 

Just been handed an 8 year ban from professional darts. He apparently only made 2K doing it as well. What an idiot.

  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

 

Just been handed an 8 year ban from professional darts. He apparently only made 2K doing it as well. What an idiot.

And Billy Warriner got a 10 year ban. So much effort goes into tracking suspicious betting patterns these days surely it can never be worth it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Kyle McKinstry is four years in his eight year ban. Another one who could’ve done good things in the game. Absolute idiots. But Bennett especially. Have to wonder if there was influence/pressure from his parents or management to take the match fixing money. 
 

Edited as I just seen Billy Warriners statement and he was the man behind it. Did laugh when he said Bennett “is not the cleverest of lads”

Edited by TheBurningRed
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...