Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Torn between Bunting or Littler tomorrow. Will be a great game either way played at a great pace. If either of them get Dobey in the final, they win. If it’s Bunting vs MVG, then MVG.

But Littler vs MVG. I can’t call it. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I would like to see Littler v MVG but I'm happy with any of them to be honest. I thought Aspinall did well to get to the quarters considering he doesn't really look 100% I also think he was too friendly on the stage, too much laughing and joking. I know him and Luke are friends and sane management but that has to be completely put aside and I don't think Nathan did that. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I’m not sure Aspinall’s game has been there this year to trouble littler in a match of that importance, regardless of stage demeanour.

 I hope Littler wins the SF as I can’t see Bunting turning up against MVG on a purely mental level.  

  • Paid Members
Posted

I wouldn’t rule him out. The last time they met was the Masters final which Bunting won. He’s been the better floor player this season. MVG has played well this tournament but is a shadow of his former self. You can see with how low his trebles go and missing doubles you’d always guarantee him to hit. Only thing I’d put him above Bunting is hitting that winning double. Bunting always looks shaky as the nerves take hold. It would be tight.

Littler vs MVG would be the better game and would be a passing of the torch moment should Luke win. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I agree Horlicks, Aspinall has had so many injury issues and a touch of dartitis that it was a surprise he got to the quarters let alone had a chance to beat Littler, but he didn't give himself the best chance to win. 

If you watch any of Matt Edgar's YouTube Burners he has talked about how MVG has changed how he throws the dart, and that his new throw has changed how the dart lands which is why he hasn't been as consistent this year. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

It was frustrating to watch Aspinall dicking around and allowing himself to be so easily distracted at the oche. Felt like he really could have given Luke a good match, if his head has been in it. Played the match very much like a friendly game, like a man that knew his place in the pecking order and didn't want to upset the management.

Bunting looks such a better player this year, I think he could go all the way. Fascinating semi final between him and Littler. He won't be dicking around.

  • Paid Members
Posted
17 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Not sure Aspinall was "dicking around", hasn't he come out recently to say he's suffering from dartitis? 

He has. But laughing when they were both on tbe 9 darter and throwing one of the darts away was pathetic. He could’ve aimed for a treble on the third dart but just chucked it away and waved it off so Luke could have his last three. 

 

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

If you watch any of Matt Edgar's YouTube Burners he has talked about how MVG has changed how he throws the dart, and that his new throw has changed how the dart lands which is why he hasn't been as consistent this year. 

I have. I remember when he changed darts sponsers a couple years back and had new darts and they blamed that. So did he as he started using his old ones. But I think he had carpal tunnel which obviously  changed everything.

It is interesting how changing the throw affects people in different ways. Taylor changed his where he brought the dart towards his left eye and still dominated. And then dominated when he changed back. Wright started winning on tv move when he would turn the dart slowly before throwing. Even Littler has changed since last years worlds and has got better. MVG won things but got even better when he closed his mouth when throwing. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

The kid is unreal. And he barely practices. Imagine what he’d be like if he did. He has to win tomorrow. I can’t see any other result now.

The 170 set up from Bunting followed immediately by Littler taking out 170 to win the leg was great. I think Littler has to be one of the greatest bullseye hitters of all time already. He makes it look so easy. 

Bunting played well. But not much you can do against that.

Not much to say about the MVG game. Other than him swearing in the interview afterwards. A professional performance. 

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I do have a slight fear we could be on the verge of Taylor-esque dominance if his current trajectory continues.

I didn’t particularly enjoy that period in the late 90’s/noughties and the open field we have now is much healthier for the sport’s continued growth imo.

(Any reason to post this monstrosity again)

IMG_2647.webp

Edited by garynysmon
  • Paid Members
Posted

Boyband-era is PT’s greatest look.

I think MVG’s finishing will be the difference tonight. Bunting let Littler off quite a few times on the doubles and I don’t think he’ll be that lucky again. Having said that, MVG hasn’t been able to maintain his top level game beyond 2 or 3 set spells so far so it could go a long way. Would love to see Littler win it.

I think MVG hit a double 17 to win a leg in the last 16 or QF. Justice at last! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...