Paid Members garynysmon Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 Holding this in London every single year doesn’t half give many English players an unfair advantage. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 Ally Pally is shite as well. I get why they wanted/needed the bigger venue. I much preferred the Circus Taven. It was more tense with the quietness from the crowd. But yeah, crowd were wankers when Owen was getting closer. He gave an ironic thumbs up. And it was such a good match as well. That behaviour took away from it. Tbf, they get a lot of Germans in who can just be as bad with the whistling and booing. They’re even worse on the European tour. Best crowds for me are the Belgians. They need more events. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 The Ally Pally contract runs out this year, so next year could be up for grabs. I reckon the Copperbox Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 Sky contract is up as well I believe. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 It is. Given the Hearn influence DAZN has to be a consideration. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 And probably get a tournament going in Saudi. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 With an extra number on the board like that golden ball shite in snooker. Quote
Just Some Guy Posted December 30, 2024 Posted December 30, 2024 More likely to be a return of the quadruple segment. Or anyone hitting a nine-darter chucks a 10th dart at the bull for a $1,000,000,000,000,000 bonus. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 30, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 30, 2024 Hell of a match between Littler and Joyce. Joyce with some great scoring power to (almost) match Luke’s. Lost his scoring in the final set but Luke became the relentless one. Down to the final eight now. I’d personally like to see Littler or Bunting win it. Quote
MungoChutney Posted December 30, 2024 Posted December 30, 2024 We have tickets to the Premier League this year so really hoping Bunting has done enough to get in. I think the lineup will be Humphries Littler MVG Cross Bunting Price Aspinall Wright Quote
Dai Posted December 31, 2024 Author Posted December 31, 2024 I love the darts but cant think of many things worse than sitting in the crowd at a PDC event. Seems like it would be horrendous. Cracker of a game with Littler and Joyce. We have that thread for people who look alot older than what they really are, and forget about Littler, Joyce is only 39! He looks awful. This performance showed a lot from Littler. The scoring wasnt there for a lot of the match, but he dig deep and scrapped for a lot of the match, and stayed cool when Joyce kept leveling the sets. He then showed that winning class that only a few people have, and stepped it up a few levels in the last set. A proper champions performance. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted December 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 31, 2024 You say the scoring wasn't there for Littler Dai but he averaged 103 over 7 sets. I wish I could not score like that. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted December 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted December 31, 2024 36 minutes ago, Dai said: The scoring wasnt there for a lot of the match He hit 14 180s. And 105 other scores over 100. Scoring was there. Even Joyce averaged 97 and got over a ton scores of 100 +. Quote
Dai Posted December 31, 2024 Author Posted December 31, 2024 (edited) I stand corrected! That was the vibe I was getting from the match, but maybe its because of his sky high expectations that I thought he was underperforming. I think there was a few of his losing sets where he didnt seem to be scoring well either, but again could be wrong on that too. Is anyone betting on Littler at even money to win the title? I think Id be more tempted to bet against him at evens, and hopefully he slips up in the next three games. MVG at 9/2 seems pretty good value outright Id say. Edited December 31, 2024 by Dai Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 1, 2025 Price going out is a great start to the year. Great performance from Rydz. Shame we didn’t get a last set. A really fun match between him and MVG. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.