Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 6, 2025 There can be no way that Aspinall's shoulder/dartitis holds up through the whole thing. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted January 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 6, 2025 I’m surprised at Price. He’s not been brilliant, he is not universally beloved, and I’m fairly sure he went on record as saying he didn’t enjoy it last year and he’d rather just play the Euro tour. Who is benefitting from this? Completely agree with @TheBurningRed about Aspinall. I do like him but I can’t see him making waves. Cross is the biggest drag, though. It’s a shame he’s in automatically. Urgh. I can understand taking a moment to reset before a key double, but he does it every other shot. Zzzzzzz. Did he do well on the floor last year? Can’t remember him doing anything at a big TV, though I did miss the masters. Plus I tend to skip his matches so he might have actually won everything without me realising. Out: Price, Cross, Aspinall In: de Decker, Heta, Anderson. Honourable mentions: Searle, Nijman, Clayton (just for his hard cam work on the 180s). Quote
MungoChutney Posted January 6, 2025 Posted January 6, 2025 I don't mind Cross being in because I agree with them automatically putting the top four in. Aspinall is the only one I wouldn't have picked, although I do like him. I felt Damon Heta would have been a better pick. De Decker winning the Grand Slam put him in contention but ranked 24th is too low for me to think he should be in based off the one major. First round exit last month probably cemented his exclusion. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 6, 2025 1 hour ago, hallicks said: Cross is the biggest drag, though. It’s a shame he’s in automatically. Urgh. I can understand taking a moment to reset before a key double, but he does it every other shot. Zzzzzzz. Did he do well on the floor last year? Can’t remember him doing anything at a big TV, though I did miss the masters. Plus I tend to skip his matches so he might have actually won everything without me realising. He finished 17th on the Pro Tour this year. He’s done nothing spectacular. Chizzy would’ve been a better choice. He’s had a better year, on the Euro tour especially. Not just the resetting for a shot. It’s the water guzzling and weirdo behaviour after a match with his opponent. He’s a strange man. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted January 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 9, 2025 So it was the first day of Q School stage 2 today. 1st Tour Card to Tom Bissell in the UK, not a name I've heard before and neither have the PDC as their tweet to say he'd won it says he had never played in a PDC tournament before. Do any of you guys know him? Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 9, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 9, 2025 Nope. Never heard of him. I don’t think he’s even played WDF. That I know of. A complete unknown. Some good averages though so he might do alright. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 10, 2025 (edited) Took his loss well. Kai Gotthardt won a tour card today which was no surprise. Bradley Brooks with back to back runner up spots which should get him a tour card on the OOM. Edited January 10, 2025 by TheBurningRed Quote
Dai Posted January 17, 2025 Author Posted January 17, 2025 Has there ever been a slower pre throw ritual than Alexis Toylo? Was watching the Youtube highlights from yesterday, and his routine is crazy. Hes like Nadal before a serve, never seen anything like it. Must be ten steps he has to follow every time before he throws. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 17, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 17, 2025 Terry Down comes close. Love how visibly annoyed Jocky Wilson gets. Plus he’s smoking a fag while waiting. Proper darts. This guy would also have a phantom throw like Toylo. Quote
Rossman Posted January 17, 2025 Posted January 17, 2025 11 hours ago, Dai said: Has there ever been a slower pre throw ritual than Alexis Toylo? Was watching the Youtube highlights from yesterday, and his routine is crazy. Hes like Nadal before a serve, never seen anything like it. Must be ten steps he has to follow every time before he throws. Even the commentator had enough. On the stage by the oche they had a F1 car. And the commentator said. "In the background, a Formula 1 car. One of the fastest things on the planet. In the foreground..... Alexis Toylo!" Quote
Cousin Jim Bob Posted January 17, 2025 Posted January 17, 2025 12 hours ago, TheBurningRed said: Terry Down comes close. Love how visibly annoyed Jocky Wilson gets. Plus he’s smoking a fag while waiting. Proper darts. This guy would also have a phantom throw like Toylo. That Terry Down clip is hilarious. Jocky Wilson looked like he wanted kill him. The onscreen graphic saying he was an abattoir worker was the piste de resistance. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted January 20, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 20, 2025 On 1/17/2025 at 8:16 AM, TheBurningRed said: Terry Down comes close. Love how visibly annoyed Jocky Wilson gets. Plus he’s smoking a fag while waiting. Proper darts. This guy would also have a phantom throw like Toylo. I love the laughter after his first dart goes in the 5, like anyone taking that long to throw should be expected to hit treble 20 every time, and if you don’t, LOL. Night 2 of Bahrain was pretty entertaining. Absolute worldie of a performance from Price to beat Littler, think he would have beaten anyone playing like that in a relatively short game. Aspinall probably should have beaten Humphries, and I was pleased for Bunting. He showed levels over the three matches; steamrollering Dobey, hanging in against Humphries, and then staying calm and consistent against howlin’ Gerwyn. Excellent performance. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted January 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 27, 2025 I see Littler has already reached the stage in his career where his opponents raise their games to the absolute max when they play him, and then blow it later on. Tough on him, and an exercise in pointlessness for people that don’t want to see Cross win (i.e. everyone). Highlight of the weekend was MVG getting three treble 1s. I laughed for about a whole minute, not in a spiteful way, just I haven’t seen that since I was practicing a lot over 20 years ago. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted January 27, 2025 Paid Members Posted January 27, 2025 1 minute ago, hallicks said: Highlight of the weekend was MVG getting three treble 1s. He hit the 9. Was very annoyed seeing Cross win. Waiting for a massive decline to drop out the top 16 and he’s still hanging around, boring everyone. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted February 1, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 1, 2025 I know we’ve been critical of various commentators on this thread, but I would take a 3-man booth of Mardle, Pyke and Studd commentating on every match from now until the end of time rather than listen to Ned Boulting call a match ever again. He’s like a ChatGPT commentator. To a casual observer, he might sound like anyone else, but everything he says is dripping in vacuity. Just empty platitudes and saying the most obvious, boring shit. I feel my soul dying every time he speaks. He’s Peter Drury’s younger, equally dreadful brother. Shitarse. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.