Paid Members hallicks Posted July 28, 2025 Paid Members Posted July 28, 2025 I like John Part. I think the familiarity of having grown up listening to him commentate on the Lakeside worlds means he gets more leeway with me, but overall I still think he's good and quite likeable. Can't remember if it was the SF or the final when he started talking about Littler's "special move" in a video game and whoever he was speaking to didn't get it at all. Lovely stuff. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted September 6, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 6, 2025 MVG must have gotten wind of the #JusticeForDouble17 campaign as he hit it twice in a row against de Decker tonight. Looked like the old MVG as well. Special mention to Josh Rock for checking out 101 with 2 bullseyes. Quote
Dai Posted September 15, 2025 Author Posted September 15, 2025 Cracking weekend of darts just gone by. This might be the most strength in depth Ive seen for years, possibly ever. There's plenty of talent outside the Top 16 that can give all the top guys issues in the shorter formats, and then you have plenty within the Top 16 who can beat anyone on the right day. That was highlighted at this event, and even though it was still Littler and MVG in the final, it could have easily been two other people (Gerwin Price for sure). Everything from the Quarters onwards was cracking. Dont think theres anyone in the Top 16 that I really dislike watching. Cross and Wright are the two closest, and it wont be long before they drop down significantly. Plus most of the Top 32 are good to watch too. Great stuff to see MVG back winning. Looked great on the scoring, and kept his bottle at the right moments too. A good feel good moment, Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 Josh Rock is going to win a big one soon. Been class on the pro tour and European tour this year. I might stick money on him winning the European championship. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted September 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 15, 2025 I think I enjoyed Smith-Littler the most this weekend. Powerhouse scoring from both of them, just no let up. I think it probably took a bit out of Littler as he wasn’t as good in the SF/F. Nijman almost had MVG in round 1 as well. Match dart! Gutted for him as I’m all in on Wesselmania (stolen from Rod Studd or Dan Dawson, apologies). Felt bad for Cor Dekker against Barney, once the crowd got to him, he lost his head. As if you’d want to piss off that unit. They were right twats with the whistling all weekend. Quote
Rossman Posted September 15, 2025 Posted September 15, 2025 3 hours ago, hallicks said: Felt bad for Cor Dekker against Barney, once the crowd got to him, he lost his head. As if you’d want to piss off that unit. They were right twats with the whistling all weekend. 5-3 up with 5 match darts and he absolutely crumbled. Lost 6-5 in the end. The confidence was drained out of him by the crowd Also liked Dave Chisnall v Nathan Aspinall in the first round. The Asp missed 4, double 16s to checkout on a couple of legs. Chizza banged in treble 20, treble 20, and double top to win the match. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted September 21, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 21, 2025 Bloody love the Euro tour. Stretching across the weekend so there’s almost always some darts to watch at whatever point you’re at, plus you can rewind the live feed back 2-3 hours and catch up if you fancy it. Mrs H hasn’t yet banned me from watching it, so just gonna keep drinking it in while I can. Wouldn’t have minded either Noppert or Springer winning the final, but I’m glad it was Niko that won it. Looked like he might have run out of gas but then Noppert got jittery towards the end and Springer was able to get it done. What a run to the final. Van Veen, Heta, Cross, Humphries, Rock. The Humphries match was an absolute barnstormer. Ahh, Euro tour. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 I love the Euro tour. And it’s great it throws up a few surprises all the time. I don’t think anyone would’ve had Springer even get to the final. Always good to see someone new win a trophy. Quote
Dai Posted October 10, 2025 Author Posted October 10, 2025 Littler doing Littler things so far in the Grand Prix. Phenomonal stuff. Him vs Price is rather tasty too. Humphries has to fancy himself getting to the final too. Dirk is not looking too shaby though. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted October 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2025 Dirk hitting a return to form at the right time. Still seems to be having some gripping issues before he throws. Littler vs Van Veen was an amazing game. I’m hoping he smashes Price tonight. Humphries vs Menzies will be a good fast paced game. Well, depends which Menzies shows up. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted October 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2025 That’s a winners mentality there from Littler. Coming from two sets down, and Price a leg away from winning, taking out 156 to get your first set and a 152 to get the win. Some bollocks on him. It wasn’t pretty, but a good game to watch. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted October 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2025 I could barely watch it at times. Price at his prickish worst, Mardle’s use of the word “plumage”. I had my hand on the remote ready to hit fast forward when Price had those match darts, I was convinced he was going to win. Delighted to be wrong. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted October 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2025 12 minutes ago, hallicks said: Mardle’s use of the word “plumage” The darts is so much better to watch with the volume down and a nice podcast on. Unless it’s Part and Webster/Dawson, I can’t stand to listen. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted October 10, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 10, 2025 Exactly what I did in the final set! A much more enjoyable experience. Quote
Paid Members hallicks Posted October 12, 2025 Paid Members Posted October 12, 2025 Bit of an anti-climax, wasn’t it? The “Keir Starmer’s a wanker” championship final. I kept waiting for Humphries to kick in, even at 5-1 I thought he still had more to give but it just never happened. In terms of majors, what’s Littler got left to win? European, Players, Master? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.