General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

It will be twee quirky bollocks but it will be Wes Anderson's twee quirky bollocks. Bottle Rocket, Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums is a great run of first films and Fantastic Mr Fox aside I don't think I've enjoyed any of his stuff as much as them. Not seen Isle of Dogs though.

• Paid Members

Isle of Dogs was superb. I really like Wes Anderson. There's not much substance to his films but there doesn't have to be. His dialogue and characters are always so interesting that they can carry films by themselves.

Isle of Dogs is one of the best childrens movies I've ever seen, up there with some Ghibli. The Grand Budapest Hotel is easily my fav of his movies tho, it felt like he really nailed his style to that point of perfection.

I want him to do a "Dune", something totally outside his comfort zone just the once.

• Paid Members

Abso-fucking-lutely.

https://movieweb.com/escape-from-new-york-reboot-snake-plissken-wyatt-russell/

Leigh Whannell wants to cast Wyatt Russell in his Escape from New York reboot. Russell's father is Kurt Russell, who originally played the iconic Snake Plissken. The reboot of the John Carpenter classic was announced over a year ago and there has not been a lot of updates since the initial reveal. However, Whannell opened up his vision for the movie in a new interview promoting is upcoming movie, The Invisible Man.

When asked about his Escape from New York reboot, Leigh Whannell said, "[Casting Wyatt Russell] seems like the obvious thing to win the fans over." That does seem like the obvious choice, but would Russell be up for the role? Could he be the right choice to fill in for his father in the upcoming reboot? That remains to be seen, but there are more than a few fans who don't believe the classic John Carpenter movie should be touched at all.

Kurt Russell's son Wyatt Russell (The Lodge) has not yet commented on the matter. It seems as if Leigh Whannell is just getting started in the development phase of the reboot. He's been focusing on The Invisible Man, which hits theaters later this month. Once he's done with the promotional tour, he might be able to shift focus to the Escape from New York reboot.