General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Of course it is.

It's a very small line-up though, isn't it. The vast majority of filmmakers due to show their films have essentially told Amazon to fuck off.

I'd be really interested in seeing why, with the current situation, film makers have chosen to shun this SXSW/Amazon deal in this way if you've got links to articles or interviews where film makers have given their reasons for this.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

I'd be really interested in seeing why, with the current situation, film makers have chosen to shun this SXSW/Amazon deal in this way if you've got links to articles or interviews where film makers have given their reasons for this.

I know Michael Showaters The Lovebirds, which was being released by Paramount after a SXSW screening was sold to Netflix and debuts next month

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

5 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know Michael Showaters The Lovebirds, which was being released by Paramount after a SXSW screening was sold to Netflix and debuts next month

Thanks. Was interested in reading why they aren't interested in it (obviously selling the film to a rival is one), but haven't found anything on it yet.

The three seashells was a big debate in our group of friends at school. Rich Wilkinson thought you shat onto one, I.e you sit on the bog and hold it under your bumhole, not directly you’d leave a bit of a drop, and then scraped it clean with another one, which left more questions than what we started with

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

The three seashells was a big debate in our group of friends at school. Rich Wilkinson thought you shat onto one, I.e you sit on the bog and hold it under your bumhole, not directly you’d leave a bit of a drop, and then scraped it clean with another one, which left more questions than what we started with

He didn’t have a brother called Steve, by any chance?