General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not news but a cool little coincidence I heard on the Kermode and Mayo podcast that I thought I would share -

Back in 1935 Twentieth Century Pictures merged with Fox Film Corporation to create 20th Century Fox, with the last film released under Twentieth Century Pictures being Call of the Wild.

Fast forward 85 years and 20th Century Fox has been renamed 20th Century Studios. The first film released under the 20th Century Studios banner..... Call of the Wild

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

So how many times has New Mutants been postponed now? It must be 2 years since that first teaser trailer turned up 

Friday 13th October 2017 was the release of the first trailer. Was originally given an April 2018 release. It has to be one of the longest delayed films by a major studio in years

• Paid Members

Not sure where else to put this but as many of you will be spending more time at home looking for stuff to watch, if you're looking for obscurities and stuff you can't find elsewhere, I highly recommend Russki social media site Ok.ru - they've got a ton of great stuff on there that I couldn't find on any other site. You do have to sign up for an account but my laptop hasn't imploded yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Portrait of a Lady on Fire is now streaming on Mubi. Not sure if they're still doing the ÂŁ1 for 3 months deal but even if they're not, they're currently also showing The Servant, Bruce Lee and the Outlaw, Sisters, Le Cercle Rouge, Bacurau, Neighbouring Sounds, Secretary and Army of Shadows so it's worth it either way.

• 2 weeks later...