Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, press the 'Box Office' button on your remote and go across to the 'Sports/Events' option and it's there. Costs £16.95. 

Edit - that's assuming you don't already have Box Nation, Guy? If you do, you'll get it as part of your subs with no extra charge. The Box Office way is just for people who want to order the fight as a one off thing. 

Cheers Wand, I'm getting it as a one off. Canelo by decision.

• Paid Members

Well there was a first at the Saunders/Monroe weigh-in's. Saunders kid punched Monroe in the nuts. 

Im still abit unsure on what show to watch live tomorrow, its either Saunders/Monroe on BT or Smith/Skoglund on ITV4.

• Paid Members

image.jpg

Can't believe this is actually happening tonight! I've really neglected the build up to this but I've got the house to myself today so I'm going to sit back and power through the 24/7's and Countdown stuff and soak it all in. 

Still thinking Canelo on points but I'm not even that sure why I think that. It's one of those 'anything can happen' fights. I don't even really have a dog in this race either, I'm a big fan of both, so it's just a case of enjoying a great fight between two of the very best in the game. As much as it's fun to have a strong face vs heel story to a fight, it's nice to have a fight like this sometimes. Where you can just get into it without having to dread an absolute shitbag beating your guy. This isn't like that. I'll be happy whatever the outcome and I'd say the chances of the fight not delivering are very slim. Win-win. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Initially there was a part of me that wanted Golovkin to win, for the very simple reason that I was hoping that if he could stay undefeated, he could beat that shitbag Mayweather's crappy Rooney-type record. Unfortunately, he's 13 wins away from that, and he's 37, so it's unlikely. As it is, I'm like wand in that I'm probably just going to enjoy a great fighter between two of the best in the world.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Can't believe this is actually happening tonight! I've really neglected the build up to this but I've got the house to myself today so I'm going to sit back and power through the 24/7's and Countdown stuff and soak it all in. 

im in the same kind of boat, still feeling a little Mayweather/McGregor hangover and i spend too much of my time trying to avoid results of other fights to feel the buzz. I've got a shit ton of stuff lined up for tomorrow though.

Gonna watch the Saunders/Monroe show live tonight then get up early for Canelo/GGG tomorrow.

• Paid Members

Fucking fuming. 

Apparently, if you only get Box Nation through being a BT Sport subscriber, then you still have to pay the £16.95 for GGG vs Canelo. No big deal in itself, to me it's worth the money. But then when I go to order it it says 'You cannot purchase this event. Go to www.fuckoffyoucunt.com' or whatever the website is. 

I can't be fucked with streams so the only other way I can legally see this fight now is to subscribe to Box Nation, which I already get free? 

I only noticed something was up because I just flicked over to watch some of the Saunders vs Monroe undercard and noticed Box Nation is encrypted. Luckily that show is also on BT Sport. 

I could swear this bit wasn't on the site before (the bit about BT subscribers not getting the fight included);

image.jpg