Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah, I can't wait for that. It's on the Sky Sports Main Event channel. 

The first fight is my FOTY so far. It didn't get the attention it deserved IMO, because the big talking point of that card was the Golovkin vs Jacobs main event and the decision and stuff. But it was a fantastic fight.

I'm actually hoping Rungvisai wins again. I'm a sucker for a guy upsetting the odds, flipping the script and fucking up the narrative and Rungvisai did that beautifully. Nothing against Gonzalez. I love watching him fight. But HBO tongueing his arse out incessantly started to grate on me and I liked seeing the underdog shine. 

I won't be gutted if Gonzalez wins though. I guess that'd actually be better because then they're tied at 1-1 and we get a third fight. 

Golovkin vs Canelo is next week as well! Need to get on the hype stuff for that this week.

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

I'm actually hoping Rungvisai wins again. I'm a sucker for a guy upsetting the odds, flipping the script and fucking up the narrative and Rungvisai did that beautifully. Nothing against Gonzalez. I love watching him fight. But HBO tongueing his arse out incessantly started to grate on me and I liked seeing the underdog shine. 

EI_191810_20130719_SportsNation_EP_459-l

• Paid Members

the World Boxing Super Series annnounced yesterday that the Usyk/Huck fight would be streamed live on its website, all you had to do was sign up for free. Problem the confirmation email with the password to log in didnt get sent to most people (including me on 2 seperate email accounts) so we didnt see fuck all. Nice job Kalle.

Ive avoided the result so im hoping it pops up somewhere, hearing now that only the Super Middleweights will be shown across the ITV platform.

6 hours ago, Egg Shen said:

the World Boxing Super Series annnounced yesterday that the Usyk/Huck fight would be streamed live on its website, all you had to do was sign up for free. Problem the confirmation email with the password to log in didnt get sent to most people (including me on 2 seperate email accounts) so we didnt see fuck all. Nice job Kalle.

They let people watch it without signing up in the end. I clicked on the site just as the boxers were making their entrance. Sadly, the stream cut out before the fight ended (I won't tell you how or when it ended obviously). So yeah, it was a complete clusterfuck. 

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Well, what about that Rungvisai then eh? Have that Kellerman. 

:D

That has to be one of the most impressive demolition jobs in recent memory. Stunning. 

Wow, great fight. Gonzalez didnt look himself, wether thats down to his opponent being that good. Hate the way the American TV show the persons wife after they been knocked out.

an ok preview to next weeks fight, going through their opponents since 2012. Canelo definately has the better resume. I love GGG's smiling persona. Like both fighters tbh, i think how the fight goes depends on how Canelo fights. If he comes forward i fancy GGG, if he fights counter punching on the back foot i fancy Canelo. They're both sort of made for each other, as silly as that sounds.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

I think Rungvisai is just Gonzalez's bogeyman. He's definitely better than people thought going into their first fight. I saw some of that 'well this time if the REAL Roman Gonzalez shows up then Rungvisai is fucked' talk that you always get when a rematch of an upset happens. I don't think that was fair to Rungvisai the man deserved his props for the first win, despite it being close. He can't be denied his due now though, going 2-0 over someone like Gonzalez in one calendar year, and knocking out what some were calling the top P4P fighter in the sport like that. I've said it loads but I really love it when a fighter fucks up the script of what was 'meant to happen' like this. Rungvisai is one of those glitch in the Matrix fighters. Nothing against Gonzalez, I really like him, but it'd be shit if the predictable result always happened and this was an incredible performance. 

Edited by wandshogun09

Yeh, he bossed the first, second was even and i thought after that he looked the better man. Gonzalez complaining about heads and a low blow were all the bad signs you see in a fight when a person is losing the fight. 

Looking forward to the Warren card next week, Anthony Yarde seems a good prospect. Who actually pays to go and see BJS though? The mans a toerag.  2 fights in 2 years and the last one was a bit of a gift decision. He doesnt deserve the money fight with the winner of Canelo/GGG. 

• Paid Members

He doesn't deserve the money but he deserves the beating either of those two would give him. 

Saturday's going to be a long one but a good one with the Warren card followed by GGG vs Canelo. Plus there's a UFC Fight Night on as well. I'm not even going to have  time to watch it all, probably won't get through it all until fucking Wednesday!

• Paid Members

Yeah, press the 'Box Office' button on your remote and go across to the 'Sports/Events' option and it's there. Costs £16.95. 

Edit - that's assuming you don't already have Box Nation, Guy? If you do, you'll get it as part of your subs with no extra charge. The Box Office way is just for people who want to order the fight as a one off thing. 

Edited by wandshogun09

13 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Edit - that's assuming you don't already have Box Nation, Guy? If you do, you'll get it as part of your subs with no extra charge. The Box Office way is just for people who want to order the fight as a one off thing. 

Thanks for the clarification. My Brother was convinced he had to pay for it.