Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
On 17/09/2017 at 12:00 AM, jimufctna24 said:

It worked out well for me, as I was watching the ITV show until 11pm. But yeah, Warren doesn't know how to pace his shows. 

it really has gotta stop. The show was a slog to get through. I dont know see how hard it has to be to have your headline fighters in the ring for 10pm. If you have floater bouts, stick em on after the main event. Fuck sake.

• Paid Members
On 17/09/2017 at 1:35 PM, wandshogun09 said:

I had Golovkin by a round. It was a razor close fight and like with any razor close fight you'll get the outcry of robbery/boxing is a joke/boxing is dead dopey talk after the fight. This wasn't Bradley vs Pacquiao 1 or Pacquiao vs Marquez 3 bad. I had it for GGG but I could see how someone could score it for Canelo, and I can see why it ended up a draw. 

But that 118-110 card is completely unjustifiable. Adalaide Byrd is rotten. It was her who scored the Mayweather vs Canelo shutout a draw as well. She's terrible. She either doesn't have a clue what she's doing or she's corrupt as fuck. And considering her two biggest and most high profile fuckups were in Canelo's two biggest career fights, I'm leaning towards the latter myself. Not accusing Canelo of anything, maybe it's a De La Hoya/Golden Boy thing where they have Byrd in their back pocket. Something is up because how else would a judge with such an awful track record of playing her cards wrong (RIP Brucie) keep getting assigned these huge fights? 

The crime here is that it was a fucking terrific fight and all anyone's going to talk about now is the decision and wonky judging. 

pretty much sums it up for me (sorry for the late reply). I had it 115-114 for GGG, with an even round thrown in there. Like most people though i had GGG running away with it in the middle rounds before Canelo clawed it back and made it close in the last 3 rounds. 118-110 is just ridiculous.

Highlight of the Warren show was a frightening Daniel Dubois knockout, that boy carries some serious power. Shame was it was the first thing of the night and it went downhill from there.

Smith/Skoglund was quality though and ended up being way more competitive than the bookies suggested, Skoglund was in it before being dropped late. Super Series has delivered so far, juries still out on the presentation though for me, it looks nice but its a bit weird.

• Paid Members
On 20 September 2017 at 4:50 AM, Egg Shen said:

Highlight of the Warren show was a frightening Daniel Dubois knockout, that boy carries some serious power.

For those who didn't see it;

Absolutely crushing KO. One of the most brutal I've seen in a while. Carter was down for ages after as well, to the point where people start worrying. He got to his feet eventually but it was one of those knockouts where everyone's kind of holding their breath hoping he wakes up. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

For those who didn't see it;

Absolutely crushing KO. One of the most brutal I've seen in a while. Carter was down for ages after as well, to the point where people start worrying. He got to his feet eventually but it was one of those knockouts where everyone's kind of holding their breath hoping he wakes up. 

Im liking the look of Dubois, of the new big-man prospects aross heavyweight a cruiserweight (Yarde, Okolie) i like him the most, hes very quiet and unassuming but hes carrying scary power. 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Same. He seems a good guy to me and of course he's got a ton of potential at 19 years old. It's all pinch of salt stuff to me but all the talk of him doing well with Joshua in sparring sounds good as well. If it's true it's very promising because, as ridiculous as it sounds when you look at him, he's still a puppy growing into his paws right now. At 19 he's not even in his prime. Hopefully he goes from strength to strength over the next few years. 

• Paid Members

another decent weekend of boxing coming up, the highlight being toss-up between Hughie Fury vs. Joseph Parker in Manchester, and Luke Campbell vs. Jorge Linares in Vegas.

I'm gonna drop a few quid on Fury later, Parker was very un-impressive last time out and against a heavyweight with decent hand speed and movement like Fury i just fancy the upset...may double it up with Campbell for an upset double. I read a decent article online the other day that stated that although Linares has been bigged up to be some kind of p4p great in the UK media due to him beating Crolla & Mitchell they skate around the fact that although Linares reeks of class he's also very vunerabal and has been KO'd and hurt many times during his career. Campbell is in his prime and can dig a bit so im quietly fancying an upset here.

parker-fury_1.jpg

EventPoster-Linares-Campbell.jpg

The World Boxing Super Series fight features two massive punches in Yunier Dorticos vs. Dmitry Kudryashkov, 42 fights between them, 41 knockouts, crazy figures. Think the fight is free on the ITV Box Office channel.

Dorticos-v-Kudryashov-1015x254-V4.jpg

Carl Frampton picked Kudryashkov to win the whole thing last week despite him being an underdog in this fight...i may very well treble up, fuck it.

3 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Who is showing the Parker/Fury fight? Can't see it listed on any of the Sky Sports channels or Boxnation...

http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/22/what-tv-channel-is-hughie-fury-vs-joseph-parker-on-how-to-watch-the-fight-on-youtube-6948747/  YouTube on PPV.