Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yes, Colin! 

I didn't look up her age. I just assumed she was some cougar for some reason. Guess them having a teenage son made me think she was older but she must've had him young. Whatever. Cotto wins. Even when he loses.

The thing about the GGG/Jacobs fight was Jacobs was weighing the same as a light heavy weight/cruiserweight come fight night so GGG's punches would not have the same affect. Jacobs didnt care about coming in overweight, i guess that was his gameplan, to be as big as possible. It kinda worked tbh. I wouldnt draw any conclusions from that fight.

Cotto is a great looking specimen and a top chap himself, he deserves a lady like that.

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yes, Colin! 

I didn't look up her age. I just assumed she was some cougar for some reason. Guess them having a teenage son made me think she was older but she must've had him young. Whatever. Cotto wins. Even when he loses.

Yeh i feel that too. Age amongst sportsman is a weird thing, i think when you hear of them retiring and being veterans you start thinking they are older than they are when in reality i' have been in the same year in school as Miguel Cotto. I suppose because she's Cottos wife you get the same kind of feel.

• Paid Members

Matchroom has it's 2nd NxtGen this evening on Sky:

DIaAl-vW0AASt6g.jpg

Don't expect many highly competitive fights, these shows are full on showcase type events. Some great up and comers on there though, the last one was a good watch so i'll catch this.

The boxing schedule until the end of the year is insane.

Showtime, UFC Have To Issue Refunds For Mayweather-McGregor

Showtime had problems keeping up with the demands of the PPV buyers, and the main event of the card had to be delayed slightly so viewers who couldn’t immediately load the event wouldn’t miss the action.

Though rumors about how many people bought the PPV range anywhere from 4 million to 6.5 million, Showtime and the UFC have begun issuing refunds to those who experienced technical difficulties with either company’s online live stream.

PLus almost 3 million illegal streams were discovered.

Watched the NXTGEN card. Conner Benn was in a good little scrap, he has improved since his lay off and picks his punches a lot better. Great atmosphere at York Hall. 

Matchrooms stable looks in good hands with the fighters they have up and coming. The only negative i can think off is theres not many domestic rivals for these guys, other than Chamberlain at cruiserweight for Okole, but it's still early in their careers i guess.

Edited by Porkchopcash

Joseph Parker vs Hughie Fury will be shown on Youtube PPV for a tenner. I won't be paying for that one. 

Great news about ITV securing the rights to the World Boxing Super Series. Callum Smith vs. Erik Skoglund will be shown on ITV 4 on the 16th of this month. It's also thought that ITV will show the Oleksandr Usyk vs Marco Huck fight this weekend. I presume that will be FTA as well. It's just the Groves and Eubank fights that are going to be on ITV Box Office. 

Throw in the GGG vs Canelo fight, and it's a busy month for boxing. Looking forward to it. 

• Paid Members

batton down the hatches, HBO have this show airing this weekend:

th?id=OIF.WS5t6zGdMGpvPeHQwWV1Dg&pid=15.

It's a little man showcase, the main event is a fucking doozy. Rungvisai/Chocolatito's first fight was one of the best of the year and was one of the biggest upsets of the year. So much so that no one actually really mentions that Sor Runvisai actually won the fight, HBO were that far up Chocolatito's arse they rarely mention the loss and still bump on about him one of the best p4p fighters in the world....regardless, this is gonna be some fight.

HBO are pimping the undercard too as a showcase for the smaller men, there's a Japanese fighter Naoya Inoue in the co-main who's a 'knockout phenom' according to HBO and he's nicknamed The Monster. That's enough to draw my eyes.