Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Guys, I don't know if this is the right place but the MMA thread seems a bit scary.

now I'm a lapsed boxing fan, loved Hatton (was there when he beat Tszyu), loved Castillo, De La Hoya, Malignaggi etc, but know not much about Mayweather and even less about MMA. I mean I've seen Floyd fight and know he's great. 

Is there ANY chance that Floyd is going to lose that fight? (Tell me to fuck off to the MMA thread if you want) 

15 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Is there ANY chance that Floyd is going to lose that fight? 

More chance of Scotzwizard winning poster of the year and denouncing Russo. Then again, one punch is all it takes.

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Fair enough. If he does lose though are we talking Tyson-Douglas shock levels?

Times it by ten and you're getting warm.

its probably the best defensive fighter of all time, and one of the legitimate greats of the sport against someone who has never had a professional boxing match.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Guys, I don't know if this is the right place but the MMA thread seems a bit scary.

now I'm a lapsed boxing fan, loved Hatton (was there when he beat Tszyu), loved Castillo, De La Hoya, Malignaggi etc, but know not much about Mayweather and even less about MMA. I mean I've seen Floyd fight and know he's great. 

Is there ANY chance that Floyd is going to lose that fight? (Tell me to fuck off to the MMA thread if you want) 

No reason to find the MMA thread scary, dude. This isn't Sherdog or any MMA fan forum, wand and the guys are pretty great about MMA discussion, and a lot more reasonable and measured than some of the knuckledraggers you see on dedicated MMA sites and video comment threads. They've put up with my stupid n00b questions and ramblings for years.

8 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

No reason to find the MMA thread scary, dude. This isn't Sherdog or any MMA fan forum, wand and the guys are pretty great about MMA discussion, and a lot more reasonable and measured than some of the knuckledraggers you see on dedicated MMA sites and video comment threads. They've put up with my stupid n00b questions and ramblings for years.

No I know, but I didn't really want to sound like a noob and I only really wanted to ask that as Twitter is just full of dicks and I actually respect people's opinions on here over most others.

Its certainly a curious thing. I'm not massively interested but I'll watch it with some mates* I even watched McGregors post event conference yesterday where he came across really well. 

*I say I'll watch it, like Hatton-Mayweather when I had to drag all my mates out of Oceana at 2am and then walk half an hour to a mates house only to fall asleep drunk and when I woke up it was over...poor Ricky :(

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Times it by ten and you're getting warm.

its probably the best defensive fighter of all time, and one of the legitimate greats of the sport against someone who has never had a professional boxing match.

@SuperBacon you know people always joke about Hector Bellerin being able to beat Usain Bolt in a 100m race? Something like that basically.

It was like a sparring session to be honest. Abraham did fuck all the whole fight, aside from trudge forward with his guard up, or lean against the ropes with his guard up while taking punches.

It was a complete whitewash.

Caught this PPV in the cinema - which was a cool setup - Big screen and speakers are ideal for boxing. But there was only 4 people including me and my mate. Cost us £6 each though, so can't complain. I wasn't paying £17 for it at home.  Still if they have that deal in place, as thing's grow it'll be decent.

Overall I'd probably have given the show a 6/10. 

-Selby fight was decent but he won fairly comfertable in the end. 
- Eubank would be printing money if he had KO power, unfortunatley he doesn't. Reminds me a bit of Floyd in his movement but lacks any power to get the job done and it hurts his appeal. Abrham really offered fuck all, it was like watching Eubank hit the bags in training, unfortunatley this wasn't really the test we all wanted to see Eubank in. Also the one or two rare times Abrham actualy landed, Eubank looked like he had trouble. someone better may well cause him a lot of trouble and I fancy Groves or Degale would both probably beat him.. 
-Robbie Davis Jr fight was the most fun of the ones I caught - shame he lost mind. But great scrap. 

This show ran far to long though. It was nearly midnight by the time I left the cinema. 

• Paid Members

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was working through all of Mike Tyson's fights. Finished up on that last week and have to be honest, completely ignored all of the suggestions. Have ended up going through all of Prince Naseem's fights instead, which is also barnstormingly  entertaining. Only really caught the tail end of his career the first time around, so it's wonderful fun.