Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

yeh, the Haye/Bellew thing was a little strange in hindsight. I'm fully of the belief that Haye thought he was gonna walk through Bellew and that's what lead to his casual approach in the buildup. He looked great on the scale but Haye is always gonna look the part, how much actual boxing training he was doing behind the scenes was always questionable. Then you look at Bellew's views going in, he was saying that it was common knowledge in the game that Haye was finished and was only coming back for money because he was skint, Haye's shrugged it off but i always felt there was some truth to it.

• Paid Members

Isn't Harley the son Nigel had with another woman, who he never had much to do with growing up? That's probably part of the beef between Harley and Conor. Sad situation. 

Haven't seen him fight yet but I hope he does well. He definitely looks more like his dad than Conor does. He's got that same wide-eyed stare his dad had when talking with media, like he's one shit question away from lamping the interviewer. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

OK so now shit has just got weird. Billy Joe Saunders fight against Khurtsidze (probably not spelled correctly) is off because Khurtsidze has been arrested in New York for racketeering. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/billy-joe-saunders-must-wait-10585919

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

OK so now shit has just got weird. Billy Joe Saunders fight against Khurtsidze (probably not spelled correctly) is off because Khurtsidze has been arrested in New York for racketeering. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/billy-joe-saunders-must-wait-10585919

was actually looking forward to that more than any other fight coming up, gutted.

Khurtidze looked like a Russian mobster though, the guy looks like he walked in off the set of a Steven Seagal movie, i read yesterday that he may have been a hitman. Crazy.

On 2017-6-4 at 0:16 PM, Egg Shen said:

Then you look at Bellew's views going in, he was saying that it was common knowledge in the game that Haye was finished and was only coming back for money because he was skint, Haye's shrugged it off but i always felt there was some truth to it.

That rumour had been doing the rounds long before Bellew referenced it. Haye is a great salesman. It was therefore tempting to believe him when he dismissed the rumour. However, I believe it was accurate as well. Last I heard, Haye vs Bellew 2 seemed a real possibility. If Haye can remain in one piece, I think he will gain revenge. 

I really look forward to Eubank Jnr's fights. They're not PPV worthy, but Snr and Jnr are always entertaining viewing - especially during the pre-fight build on IFL. Jnr is quite an exciting boxer to watch as well. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Well I can tell you one thing, Bruno's boy, Clark Sammartino had a right nightmare as a judge last night. Either he got the names of the fighters mixed up or he genuinely thought that Haskins won that 118-108. Either way the only thing he should be allowed to judge in future is best jam at his local Women's Institute. 

The amount of head clashes in the fight was ridiculous, the first one that opened them both up was terrible, Burnett's corner did a tremendous job on the cut because it was massive.

• Paid Members

Mayweather/McGregor is official for August 26th...i assume a few people will heading here for discussion but there's an actual thread in the MMA forum, shall we keep it there?